Why is last 10 miles the longest?

Nov 16, 2011
Jacksonville Beach
Just sitting here contemplating my next ride out of town.
Going to visit my daughter (one of 6) and her family, out of town about 130 miles.

Seems like every trip, though, whether approaching destination or heading home, the last 10 miles or so seem to take forever. I've noticed it even on very long trips when looking for a rest stop or hotel for the evening.

Most of my rides fly by, lots to see, different smells in the air, traffic to watch out for. Then time slows down. (Wish I could bottle some of that.) Oh, well, just an old man noticing life's oddities. :Meds:

I never have that problem, as my little bride keeps talking & asking questions or telling me what to do so I don't have time to think about it. As we all know our wives are the original GPS system. (And don't you forget it):D

Bob,

It has to do with anticipation and wanting to be somewhere. It never seems to take as long to come back from somewhere as it does to go the first time.

Another example would be day to day life. On the average day, time moves along quickly but just let the wife say I'm going to get lucky tonight and the day must be 500 hours long. :pepper:

That about covers it

Steve

I never have that problem, as my little bride keeps talking & asking questions or telling me what to do so I don't have time to think about it. As we all know our wives are the original GPS system. (And don't you forget it):D
If I had to rely on my wife as a GPS I'd be riding somewhere in Kansas right now! Once, a few years ago, I gave her a strip map to a camp site about 200 miles east of us and rode on ahead. She was to come after she got off work. About 10 pm she called saying she was in Rapid City (200 miles west) and needed directions. :gah:

If I had to rely on my wife as a GPS I'd be riding somewhere in Kansas right now! Once, a few years ago, I gave her a strip map to a camp site about 200 miles east of us and rode on ahead. She was to come after she got off work. About 10 pm she called saying she was in Rapid City (200 miles west) and needed directions. :gah:

Once I was making a trip (car) with my sister. She was giving me directions from the map we had. I asked how far to the next exit. She replied "about an inch". I told her "well I guess we just missed it".

I think that last 10 seems long because you are trying to make it home or to your destination without having to make another stop and your bladder is about to burst if you don't get there soon.

Sounds like a smart girl to me and she made you think it was all a mistake to boot?
Maybe we should all follow her and call in to work for a few extra days riding time?:D
Technology isn't all its cracked up to be if I could break a GPS in such a fashion to work the same way I would be a happy boy!

I asked how far to the next exit. She replied "about an inch"

Oh so right Roadking! And why can't we get em to understand north, south, east and west, instead of left and right??? I keep tellin my OL I can't see which direction you are facing in your mind, but north and south are always the same!!! Why don'y they get it???

PC

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png