P.Brake removal help

Trying to remove parking brake assembly on a 09 Trike. Read the service manual numerous times and thought it would be a breeze. I cannot get the cable to release from the arm (ball end) or the cable won't release from the bracket that holds the cable. There is just not enough slack. Both areas are like slide into or line up cable with slot and pivot to release. The manual says to pound flat ears that surround a nut, I can't find either, unless they are inside the bracket and can't be seen. I released the tension totally when I started. If this job is unsuccessful, will putting no tension on cables cause any drag down the road.
thanks__dan

Trying to remove parking brake assembly on a 09 Trike. Read the service manual numerous times and thought it would be a breeze. I cannot get the cable to release from the arm (ball end) or the cable won't release from the bracket that holds the cable. There is just not enough slack. Both areas are like slide into or line up cable with slot and pivot to release. The manual says to pound flat ears that surround a nut, I can't find either, unless they are inside the bracket and can't be seen. I released the tension totally when I started. If this job is unsuccessful, will putting no tension on cables cause any drag down the road.
thanks__dan

I stopped using the park brake years ago.. Left everything in tacked, And just loosened all the tension, With no ill affects... :Shrug:

thanks__dan

It is a little bit of a PIA to remove the cable, the cables going to each caliber are held into the brackets with grommet with many metal fingers, some of them are bent out to hold it in place. You have to squeeze them together in order to get the cable out of the bracket. When I pulled the cables off my dads 09 and the 10 I had, I had the calipers removed, this made it easy to get the ball end of the cable out of the arm on the caliper.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png