Long Trip or Local Trip Storage

How do you decide on stored items in your Trike?

Do you have storage for long and local trips that's always kept onboard, or do you
repack most long trip items when leaving on extended trips?

I finding on my Roadsmith there isn't to much I can remove from extended trip items for "any" travel because things do happen a quarter mile from home..........:Shrug:

Reason for asking is I'm trying to make room and eliminate some items in the upper and lower trunk and it's really hard.

Cheers!

MGW,

Many years ago I mounted a luggage Rack by KURYAKYN on the tour box, then I also found that KURYAKYN also made a Waterproof Bag that fit this perfectly.... we have always carried this bag with travel essentials although its generally pretty empty other than Granola Bars, Water Bottles, a damp washcloth in a sandwich bag, a few trash bags...one that the spouse uses for dirty clothes.... this does give you extra room for other items. The bag is very easy off & on the rack, just don't overload the tour box and use both hands openning the tour box for access... it's an AAA+++ in my book.... only thing better is our cargo trailer..... we've made numerous trips with only this bag for extras.... and its short in height so no wind drag.... have even strapped our coats on top for hot days....

Attachments

• 49-7162RackBagGW.jpg
    49-7162RackBagGW.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 161
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 313
  • luggage-kuryakyn-rack-bags-deluxe-convertible-black-silver.jpg
    luggage-kuryakyn-rack-bags-deluxe-convertible-black-silver.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 166
What's in the trunk of your car ???? Why would the bike be any different???

When was the last time you took 5 day trip in a car? Who needs stuff in the trunk of a car? Spare tire?

Any real road rider packs rain gear, an emergency tool set, snacks, a few clean clothes, a ditty bag (you do know what that is, right?), water, maybe some sneakers, and a partial cover for the trike seats (in case of bad weather).

When was the last time you took 5 day trip in a car? Who needs stuff in the trunk of a car? Spare tire?

Any real road rider packs rain gear, an emergency tool set, snacks, a few clean clothes, a ditty bag (you do know what that is, right?), water, maybe some sneakers, and a partial cover for the trike seats (in case of bad weather).

Oh that stuff. I fit that in my trunk. I don't have a tour pack. Champion put extra storage space above the axel.

Attachments

• VTX done 005.JPG
    VTX done 005.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 152
  • VTX done 006.JPG
    VTX done 006.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 162
trunk

well I keep rain gear and tool bag , alittle bit sweets (candy,couple of cookies in clear wraper for sugar drops).a usb stick with the gl1800 manual on it all in the top trunk ,and try to leave the lower trunk for any clothes that I would need on the 4 or 7 day trip. I pack about 4 days of clothes as they get dirty I stop at a motel that has laundry services.

I guess I'm not a real road rider, I don't pack half that stuff.

I kept Tools/Rain Gear in mine...Everything else was packed in Honda Saddlebag Liners, ready to be tossed into the Trike depending on it being an "Overnighter", "Weekend", or "Rally".....I still use the same "Pre-packed Bags" with the Scooter. "TOSS-n-GO" at a moments notice...just like Willie Nelson, "ON THE ROAD AGAIN".....;)...ThumbUp

I carry rain gear all the time and this time of year my heated jacket liner's and controllers, trike cover, wood wheel chocks (no parking brake) and most of all cell phone and credit card. On longer trips I'll use either the trailer or luggage rack bag to carry a few hand tools and items I need for just the trip.

I generally keep some electrical tape, wire, duct tape, a couple of screwdrivers and an adjustable wrench. I guess I'm set in my ways from when parts used to fly off your Harley from vibration...:AGGHH:

I also carry a small first aid kit, a tire kit and rain gear. I just keep it on the trike, that way I don't have to keep track of it all.

I have two trunks and a trailer. Top trunk is for short trips, helmets and the like. Bottom trunk is for rain gear, tools and extra's like snacks and flashlights. Trailer is for long trips. I have a Hanningan trailer and I am always amazed at just how much 'stuff' I can put in there. Last trip the wife and I took was to East Tennessee for five days. Now mind you, my wife packs enough for a family of 8 or 9 when we go anywhere. :D We had two large suitcases, one small suitcase, jackets, extra helmets, my cane (yes but I'm better now) and other misc stuff in there with room for more. I love my Hanningan trailer.

I don't know how you guys and gals take enough stuff with you without a trailer. I guess I'm just spoiled.

I carry rain gear all the time and this time of year my heated jacket liner's and controllers, trike cover, wood wheel chocks (no parking brake) and most of all cell phone and credit card. On longer trips I'll use either the trailer or luggage rack bag to carry a few hand tools and items I need for just the trip.

these wheel chocks may take up less space than your wooden chocks as they are foldable:

2 piece foldable metal wheel chocks Harbor Freight item #97130

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece...html?hftref=cj

trunk

I pack one change of clothes ( when what I'm wearing gets dirty I change and wash the dirty ones at the motel ) and a rain suit. I don't pack any tools as I have a new Harley so if it breaks down I cant fix it anyways also I have road assistance

stuff

I always kept my rain gear in a compression sack, has the straps around it to make it smaller. then small items are in regular stuff sacks different colors, they pack better. As a female I keep bandanas, sunscreen, hand wipes, face wipes, hiney wipes, yep alot of body parts to wipe....eye glass cleaner, those things always stayed in the trunk.

Karen

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png