HT1800 Wing Guard Supports

Jan 7, 2015
Metropolis
Hello all, trying to determine how to add the supports under the wing guards to make them weight bearing on my Gold Wing/HT. I'm confused as to whether the supports were supposed to be there or if some didn't come with them. At any rate I'd like to add supports so one day when I accidently step on the wing guard I don't break it. Anyone have any pictures of the braces?

Thanks
knob

Check out post #82 In the sticky thread titled "We're here to help".
It is Roadsmiths response to a question about the support. The support comes with the trike kit but evidently not all installers install it. It attaches where the center stand was attached at. Roadsmith said to give them a call if you need one but never mentioned what they cost. I called and left a message but was not around when they called back and left a message for me to call Mark. I have called a few times but have not been able to talk to Mark yet. It's not Marks fault, I don't expect him to sit by the phone waiting for my call and I have been out of town recently but I plan on calling again tomorrow and will leave my number since I will be able to answer a call if he can call me back.

Thanks, my center stand also just has the part that sticks out whacked off. Can't remember who the installer was but I know that they were in Ohio. I'm guessing that it saved them time and money by not installing them. :mad:

Thanks, my center stand also just has the part that sticks out whacked off. Can't remember who the installer was but I know that they were in Ohio. I'm guessing that it saved them time and money by not installing them. :mad:

Feel free to give us a call at 800-331-0705 and ask for me (Taylor). I can help get this straitened out for you. Every new conversion (since 2009) comes with the center stand support brackets if the kit was ordered with Wing Guards. If the kit was built before that they can easily be added if need be.

Taylor,

Thanks for for the quick reply. Let me check the invoice when I get home from work to see when it was converted. I know the wing guards were done with the conversion but I can't recall the date. Thanks again, I'll be in touch.

knob

A big thank you to Taylor at Roadsmith. Called him this morning and within a couple of min. I had the needed pictures and instructions.

knob

I also called Taylor today and ordered the support brace for mine. Thanks to Roadsmith for the way they take care of their customers.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png