Dyna Beads?

Jun 2, 2009
Camp Verde, AZ
What is everyones takes on these?
I am running them in all my tires on my new trike.
Anyone else running them, if so how long.
Good, Bad, or just thoughts!
Mike

Just got mine and should have them installed in a couple of days. Everyone I know who runs them recommends them highly and if I get just 1/2 the ride, driveability and increased miles I will be very happy.
If it doesn't work out, I'll be glad to pass that on also.

I put Dyna Beads in all three wheels on my Hannigan trike a month ago. Week before last a friend and I went to Arkansas for a few days of riding. Up to 70 mph everything was just smooth as silk. At 75mph my handle bars were beginning to grow. At 80 mph I thought the windshield would break off it was vibrating so bad. I put the recomended amount of beads in each wheel. I think all the vibration was coming from the front end, so I'm taking the beads out and going back to the old way of balancing, been up tp 100 mph without any vibration problems that way. I put 2oz in the front end just like the directions said. Don't know if maybe it wasn't enough, or to much. Just my 2 cents worth on my paticular experience with Dyna beads.

I got on to the Dyna Beads when I first got my 1974 VW Thing. It has those vintage 5 on 205mm bolt pattern rims. And these days, NOBODY has adapters for modern tire balancing machines. Finally, I had an adapter made in a machine shop, but because it is only an adapter, the balancing still wasn't on the mark to my satisfaction.

Enter the Dyna Beads. By adding them after a physical balancing, they assure me a perfect, continuing balance. But I think the trick is a physical balance first, then add the beads. In any case, I've used them in my car for 12 years now and am quite satisfied. I also use them in my trikes as well, of course. :D

Bob Witte
The Trinity Trike

According to the web site where I got my beads, they recomend taking all of the wheel weights off before installing Dyna Beads.

I don't know about the Dyna beads. I use Ride-On. I'm told that emergency vehicles use this product. I didnt want any type weights on my chrome mags.

Been using Dyna Beads in my Kawi 1500 Classic a couple of years now, have been up to 90mph w/o any issues. I work for the Local Yamaha Dealership and we've used them on re-balances and new Bikes and have never received a Customer Complaint. I got 16,500 miles out of my last set of tires on the Kawi (which was the original set) and never got into the belts.

Ed

I use Dyna Beads. I have had them in for over a year and they make it run as smooth as you could ask it to do. Doesn't matter whether you leave the weights on or not. The beads will correct it

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png