Question to help a good friend find an answer here...HELP

Jan 30, 2015
Deltona, Fl
Howdy Guys and Dolls,

I have a good friend of mine (not a trike owner) who I've known for years and is always helping others with their problems, has the following problem :

"I was swapping out LED bulbs on the front turn signal globes (already have rear and tail lamp LEDs) and tried to instal a module (Custom Dynamics Module Strobe HD #2050-0120) to make the tail lamp and rear signal globes flash when braking.
Now I have a constant red key icon lit on the dashboard and the signal indicators both stay lit continuously. The signal globes flash normal when I push the button, but after a couple of normal blinks the go into a fast flash.
I never got the Custom Dynamics module to work so I removed it and returned it to stock (less the HD converter that allows the signal globs on the rear to act a running lights like the tail lamp).
With the flasher module on the system the brake light would not come on and the tail light would not come on."

Any HD riders here willing to help us out ??? Thanks before hand...Ron

When you go from incandescent to LED, don't you have to have a resistor somewhere to draw more load to make everything function properly? That has been my understanding. Where you do that I don't know. Electrical stuff is a near mystery to me.

I think you hit it on the head ... the red key is for the security system I believe. It needs that load to work properly ... contact the led manufacturer and they can tell ya what amp load ya need and where in the system to install it.

Howdy Guys and Dolls,

I have a good friend of mine (not a trike owner)ewho I've known for years and is always helping others with their problems, has the following problem :

"I was swapping out LED bulbs on the front turn signal globes (already have rear and tail lamp LEDs) and tried to instal a module (Custom Dynamics Module Strobe HD #2050-0120) to make the tail lamp and rear signal globes flash when braking.
Now I have a constant red key icon lit on the dashboard and the signal indicators both stay lit continuously. The signal globes flash normal when I push the button, but after a couple of normal blinks the go into a fast flash.
I never got the Custom Dynamics module to work so I removed it and returned it to stock (less the HD converter that allows the signal globs on the rear to act a running lights like the tail lamp).
With the flasher module on the system the brake light would not come on and the tail light would not come on."

Any HD riders here willing to help us out ??? Thanks before hand...Ron

Were there any directions with the module? I had to have one on my previous bike. I just connected it under the seat to a connector there provided in the instructions. Is it possible that you might have the wrong module for your trike?
Agree with Fuzzy give a call to CD customer support. They will have you up and running quickly.

By changing the front signals to LED your removed to much load from the turn signal controller
and now it thinks you have blown bulbs. Call Custom Dynamics tech support and they will tell you what load resistor you need and were it should be installed.

Thanks

Thanks gentlemen.....I've passed your responses along and my friend will contact their support reps Monday....Ron

My suggestion is to contact cd.
Or remove everything to get it back to stock, after inspecting that your lights are working normally start again. Most LCD conversions require a diode/ resister to keep the load within specs...
Do a research and you can find how to make your own or buy one. In the front you can use majic adapter. I forget what they call it for the rear but the majic adapter won't work in the rear. Using LCD lights will cause them to flash fast. I will double check to see if I have any.

- - - Updated - - -

According to Custom Dynamics you need to use a majic converter when using LCD lights on the tourpak or tail lights.

I had to install a BadLander module to get all my lights and turn signals to work properly.

8~\o

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png