No more cleaning rear wheels

Aug 27, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Powder coated rear wheels gloss black. Local company charged $120 each which included dismount/mount tires, new valves, and spin balance. Sure they'll get dirty, but those stock wheels were a bugger to clean and I'd rather ride than clean.

Attachments

• Powdercoatedwheel.jpg
    Powdercoatedwheel.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 127
Powder coated rear wheels gloss black. Local company charged $120 each which included dismount/mount tires, new valves, and spin balance. Sure they'll get dirty, but those stock wheels were a bugger to clean and I'd rather ride than clean.

Looks really good. ThumbUp Did you do the front wheel also?

BTW, you should get some pics of your ride into the Trike Photo Contest going on right now at this link-

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...Custom-quot-Anyone-Can-Win-quot-Photo-Contest

Kevin

I'm thinking next winter of getting mine done in blue ... local shop said $80 each, but I need to mount and dismount ... thinking all three or it might look weird ... :D ... course ... blue wheels might look weird anyway

I'm thinking next winter of getting mine done in blue ... local shop said $80 each, but I need to mount and dismount ... thinking all three or it might look weird ... :D ... course ... blue wheels might look weird anyway

At highway speeds no one can tell the front is not also powder coated. Sitting in the parking, yep.

Why not have them clear powdercoated?

IMO Harley makes some ugly stock wheels and I would not clear them for that reason. The black powder coating hides some of the ugliness. No, I can't afford Harley's custom wheels. Powder coating was a cheap alternative.

Another thing to consider when powder coating the front wheel. Pressed in bearings will need to be removed...they won't handle the heat of the powdercoat process.

Then new bearings (ones pressed out will be ruined in the process of removal) will need to be pressed in. Adds a bit to the expense of PC the front.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png