Motor Trike IRS Kit

Apr 10, 2015
Marion, Illinois
I have a 2013 Kawasaki Voyager with the Motor Trike IRS kit installed. The factory will not give me the installation instructions. It must be done by a certified dealer. Fine. But I would like to tweek the body a little bit and be able to do my own PM when the time comes. Does anybody out there have this information? ;)

Please explain "tweak" the body?
Several companies have no installation instructions, including my Hanningan! What barely passes as a owners manual gives some intervals of service.
I had "help" from other owners showing/telling me where grease points were and when/how to service the rear end.
I sure some w/your brand will be posting soon

Please explain "tweak" the body?
Several companies have no installation instructions, including my Hanningan! What barely passes as a owners manual gives some intervals of service.
I had "help" from other owners showing/telling me where grease points were and when/how to service the rear end.
I sure some w/your brand will be posting soon

I know what you mean tfdeputydawg. By "tweak the body" I mean that it is out of alignment about 1/4". My passenger floorboard on the port side touches the body while on the starboard side I have about 1/2" clearance. I know I can figure it out myself given enough time but it would be easier if I had the installation instructions to identify the location of the specific bolts.

Motor Trike is very cautious with their information on their products. I don't know if they got sued once but they will not release this kind of information.

I used to have a Hannigan conversion and the only thing they would give me was a pdf file for routine maintenance of the "car" parts.

I finally had to take off the tour box, remove the body bolts, and get a neighbor to help me lift off the rear body section. (Yes. 2 people can do it pretty easily).

After that was done, it was just trial and error to adjust the gap between the body and running boards by adjusting the connecting bolts. (Don't have pictures, so can't describe it any better than that.)

I realize you don't have a Harley, but this Motor Trike pdf may be of some help for what you're trying to do:

http://www.motortrike.com/docs/HarleyTrikeInstructionsDoc.PDF

This next reference may also help you. It has a specific section on Motor Trike body alignment:

http://www.junkmaster.com/kj5ix/MTServiceManual.pdf

Please let us know if this was helpful.

I have a 2013 Kawasaki Voyager with the Motor Trike IRS kit installed. The factory will not give me the installation instructions. It must be done by a certified dealer. Fine. But I would like to tweek the body a little bit and be able to do my own PM when the time comes. Does anybody out there have this information? ;)

I know MT has all the installation instructions for Gold Wings posted on their sight... never dug down any further. Did you check their site?
Believe they were listed under -dealer- stuff.
ps. Also had pricing info - very interesting!

I used to have a Hannigan conversion and the only thing they would give me was a pdf file for routine maintenance of the "car" parts.

I finally had to take off the tour box, remove the body bolts, and get a neighbor to help me lift off the rear body section. (Yes. 2 people can do it pretty easily).

After that was done, it was just trial and error to adjust the gap between the body and running boards by adjusting the connecting bolts. (Don't have pictures, so can't describe it any better than that.)

I realize you don't have a Harley, but this Motor Trike pdf may be of some help for what you're trying to do:

http://www.motortrike.com/docs/HarleyTrikeInstructionsDoc.PDF

This next reference may also help you. It has a specific section on Motor Trike body alignment:

http://www.junkmaster.com/kj5ix/MTServiceManual.pdf

Please let us know if this was helpful.

Thanks for these and other tips you have given me! I printed them and saved them on my computer for future reference. I believe after I study these instructions I will be able to understand the workings and figure out any specifics that are not addressed between models. Thanks again!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png