good bye cvo sg, hello free wheeler

dirtdobber

Gone But Never Forgotten
Jul 8, 2011
sand mountain, AL
Had to make decision. Not one that I wanted to make but had to.
Traded my 2012 cvo street glide for a 2015 free wheeler.
If I like it 50% as much as I do my cvo I'll be a happy camper.
If any one knows of any one needed a color matched tourpak send em my way, color is 2012 dark slate, it is complete, nothing needed except the 4 point docking.

Now to start dressing it up, already got the slime line chrome floorboards with tour pegs and a few other things that I took off the cvo before letting them have it.

Kinda surprised at the number of TriGlide owners switching to Freewheelers ...seems like you're giving up some comforts? :Shrug:

Just to clarify...I am not knocking Freewheelers at all. Lots of you guys have them and seem to love 'em, but I just don't see how they can be more comfortable than a TriGlide. I know comfort is a individual thing and not everyone is going touring on their Freewheeler.

I think the free is a sports car where the tri is a caddy ... comfort and handling wise ... if you don't do 1000 mile rides in a weekend two up, I can really see the free. I'm not saying you can't do 1000 miles in a weekend on a free, I'm saying I can't​.

Still being a working guy who picked a seasonal profession, during the summer ... I only get to go on rides that last at most three days ... 1200-1800 miles in three days is my tri limit and that's with a zeppelin air seat.

I'm guessing at my age, that would drop to more like 900-1500 miles in three days on a free (with a sore butt).

They are two different critters ... with two different demographics, glad to see HD expanding it's models to fit the market. Wouldn't be surprised to see a road glide (frame mounted faring) type trike in the near future, kind of in between the two.

Sorry I didn't mean to take your thread off topic dirtdobber..You got yourself a BEAUTIFUL trike. I just got a call from a guy that has just rode a Freewheeler and asked me if I had ever ridden one. I told him I had not. He said they are a blast. Thats what matters! Congrats!

Sorry I didn't mean to take your thread off topic dirtdobber..You got yourself a BEAUTIFUL trike. I just got a call from a guy that has just rode a Freewheeler and asked me if I had ever ridden one. I told him I had not. He said they are a blast. Thats what matters! Congrats!

Ditto ... I merrily followed down the dark path ... she is a beauty.

Actually zook you hit the nail on the head. The tri glide is more comfortable to me but I really like the looks of the free. The ride is pretty good, momma will need a new seat but I'm good. I could do a 1,000 miles in a week end on it.
This is our second trike. I have a 2012 glodwing roadsmith and now momma has a free wheeler.
The funny part is why we really got it. My wife is a die hard Harley girl so all I got was complaints about the goldwing trike, it's too quiet for her and says it way too long. Now she has no complaint not to ride now.
I was surprised at it's power and the ride is good. Handles great. Going to take some getting use it it as the 15 model has moved some things around so I have to readjust. Not a problem just got to remember.
Hijack any time, we all do it.

Absolutely beautiful machine! Ride it in good health.

As one of the first to leave a Tri and go Free, for the rider there isn't much difference in comfort between the two. Never really liked the fairings and all the gages, most of my other Harleys were 'stripers'. This is just like going back to my Dyna days.

If this is going to be your wife's trike, she will love it. Wife has ridden mine, says it is faster and handles easier than her '14 Tri, but she likes all the 'goodies' on her dash.

Enjoy it!

This is my hot rod trike

It being a performance trike it rides rather rough due to the suspension being tight for handling.

Sorry I had to throw this in. Momma won't ride this one much. Don't know why, 125hp with 148 tq. No gearing changed needed.
Summer months it's on 2 wheels winter months it was 3 wheels. I take it to the drag strip in the summer months so I need it on 2 wheels.
Probably gonna sell the kit now that we have 2 trikes +

If I wasn't so old I would be crying. I have had so many HD's in the past but the CVO SG was by far my favorite.
I will be ill fer a spell.
I have rode it to all 4 corners of the U.S. and several trips to OK...
We were on a ride last summer and had to stop at a red light in AR... The road was pretty bad where it had gotten hot and melted some. It took every once of energy and muscles to keep it up right while stopping. I didn't think my legs would ever stop cramping and hurting. Had to ride another 400 miles then back home. By the time we got home I was so exhausted and so much pain I was in bed close to a month. Got to realize when on a trip and loaded 2 up the CVO SG weighs close or more than 1,400 lbs. That's a lot for a 65 year old that weighs 130lbs with a 29 inch inseam. I have never been so exhausted in my life. I can still ride my lighter bikes, Dyna bikes so I still get to do 2 wheels sometimes.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png