to trike or not?

Apr 17, 2015
Jsmestown,NY
I have an 1100 vstar classic. It only has 13K miles. I have been looking for a trike but just can't find one in my price range. So far the only kit I have found is the triwing kit and know nothing about them and was wondering how my bike would be with a trike kit. Are there any other kits or is the triwing a good kit?

Thanks Butch

Wish I could help, I am still learning how many trike types there are out there, I'm sure someone here has the answer you seek. I'll be watching this too as part of the "learning curve"

I have an 1100 vstar classic. It only has 13K miles. I have been looking for a trike but just can't find one in my price range. So far the only kit I have found is the triwing kit and know nothing about them and was wondering how my bike would be with a trike kit. Are there any other kits or is the triwing a good kit?

Thanks Butch

I have a tri-wing kit on my 05 Yamaha venture that I put on it, straight axle, [7 1/2 ford], no rake but don't feel I need it, runs great but needs shocks at monument. wasn't feeling great last summer so 'I've been putting it off. got a replacement swing arm shock already. make a offer maybe I'll sell it to you.

pm me a email address I'll send pictures,

Tires and Wheels:
Tires and wheels are not included due to excess freight costs incurred by the consumer.
TRI-WING Tires and Wheels. Upon ordering your kit we will advise you which sizes of tires and wheels we recommend for your specific application.

Most good kits are in the same price range and include tires and wheels along w/IRS and disc beakes!!!!

Triwing is the only company I have found that makes a kit for the 1100 vstar classic. So the choice is do it or not. I only have 10k to either buy a trike or do mine.

Triwing is the only company I have found that makes a kit for the 1100 vstar classic. So the choice is do it or not. I only have 10k to either buy a trike or do mine.

Just be patient and keep looking, we picked up our 08' Venture/Hannigan for just a few Grand more than what you have to spend now. The deals are out there, you just have to find them.
That being said, Jonsey's triwing trike is a nice ride that would more than satisfy your need for three wheels. I've tail-gunned for that lunatic more than once ThumbUp

Just be patient and keep looking, we picked up our 08' Venture/Hannigan for just a few Grand more than what you have to spend now. The deals are out there, you just have to find them.
That being said, Jonsey's triwing trike is a nice ride that would more than satisfy your need for three wheels. I've tail-gunned for that lunatic more than once ThumbUp

I totally agree with Ragtop here. You might check within a 500 mile radius of your area for deals. Maybe Craigslist, city news papers, etc...

Hopefully you find a good deal very very soon.

Tires and Wheels:
Tires and wheels are not included due to excess freight costs incurred by the consumer.
TRI-WING Tires and Wheels. Upon ordering your kit we will advise you which sizes of tires and wheels we recommend for your specific application.

Most good kits are in the same price range and include tires and wheels along w/IRS and disc beakes!!!!

So........In other words what your saying is; unless it has wheels, tires, IRS, and disc brakes (which you didn't spell correctly) it is sub par? Hmm, I have seen many of the top manufactures using solid axles for one.

Well I have been talking to triwing the last couple days and I might just do my bike. Low miles and I know what I have. Not in a big rush but have to decide one way or the other.

Well Butch, if you can do that within your budget I agree, that would be the way to go man. As you stated; "Low miles and I know what I have."

Couldn't argue with that at all. Ya know the bike and I am assuming you like it. Of course there will be a learning curve going from 2 wheels to 3, but in the end you will enjoy it! :pepper:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png