Tow Pac tire wear pattern

dadztoy

300+ Posts
Dec 12, 2011
Georgetown, Tennessee, USA
Looking at my tires yesterday, it still looks like they are over-inflated at 40 PSI... I'm going to drop pressure today to 35 PSI ad see how it rides... Report will follow in a few days after I accrue some additional mileage at the lower pressure...

Les

Went for a test ride this morning with the TP tires at 35PSI - pretty nice ride - more supply and not as harsh over bumps and such... Also looks like more tire foot print on the ground... Gonna leave them this way for a while and see how they wear...

Les

Out here the wind blows hard most days, theres not much but a few strands of barbed wire to slow it down and I found if I didn't run max inflation on the front side winds would really affect steering and I mean alarmingly!:Shrug:

Out here the wind blows hard most days, theres not much but a few strands of barbed wire to slow it down and I found if I didn't run max inflation on the front side winds would really affect steering and I mean alarmingly!:Shrug:

??? max inflation on the front??? You do realize I am referring to the Tow Pac cart tires right???

Les

Wow, I run 24 lbs in my outrigger tires. I can't imagine TP requiring more than that. I've got over 6000 miles on the outrigger setup and my tires still look new. The ride is incredibly smooth.

EDIT: Sorry, just read that you have 12" wheels on the TP. Mine are 15" so disregard what I said although if it were me I would try 30 lbs and see how it rides.

I may try that... I just switched over to 35 PSI and want to see how that works out for a while... Took the Tow Pac off early this week as I picked up a nail in my Yokohama Avid Envigor Run Flat rear tire... Just got the rear tire back on today - it's a new one, another Yoko run flat but I had the other one patched and will use that as a spare...

Yeah, I think the TP tires are way over inflated at 50PSI, maybe even 35 PSI... I run the same 12" tires on my cargo trailer that I pull behind the bike ad only run about 20 PSI in them...

Les

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png