Riding a trike in a group of two wheelers

After talking to more of these guys, they said they smelled gas fumes behind me ... I don't think the gal is running rich, as I averaged 35.6 mpg for the trip (only about 300 of the 1000 miles where above 65 mph). I did some more highway tuning at speeds we travelled and am now trying to get one of them to ride behind me to see if I still give off fumes ... so far no takes ... see how they are.

now trying to get one of them to ride behind me to see if I still give off fumes ... so far no takes ... see how they are.

Fuzzy, now what kind of Fumes are we talking about now
:kpzxvq:

:laugh:

now trying to get one of them to ride behind me to see if I still give off fumes ... so far no takes ... see how they are.

Fuzzy, now what kind of Fumes are we talking about now
:kpzxvq:

:laugh:

Hummmm.......Might want to run a little back......Waay back!!!:pepper::pepper::pepper:

On my burger run, last weekend (100 miles), whenever I would get in the middle of the bikes, the bikes behind me would practically kill themselves to get ahead of me. There were 19 bikes and me on the Tri. I mean, passing on double yellows, on curves, even once in the tunnel in Zion National Park on a double yellow. Anyway .. my first opinion was that it was a macho thing ... can't let a trike beat me ... but after talking to them, they all said that was it was really "un-nerving" being behind a trike ... None of them could really explain it, but they all said the same thing ... it made them feel "off" behind me, so I stayed in the back, which is where I am most of the time anyway (I do the speed limit, the rest of them, not so much).

I've been thinking about this for a week now, and finally thought why not ask about it on TT (Duh) ... this was my first ride with lots of bikes, but I'm sure you guys have had lots of experience with this, so I'd be interested to hear other experiences or opinions about this.
I rode on about a dozen charity rides last year with an average of 40-100 bikes. Mostly 2 wheelers. I think it's a macho thing that they need to be in front of an "old man's bike" which is what a lot of them seem to think a trike is. I purposely try to ride as far back as I can. Right in front of the group's trailer if I can but you get the guys who just stare at you while everyone's taking off and then try to pass you when they get moving. Not much you can do just enjoy the ride.

I rode the tot ride for 11 years in support of the American Indians. Each year it got bigger.
in 2006 there were over 100,000 bikes. It stretched 41 miles of bikes. When they retired a lot of us knew that was the end if the best ride ever but we were also glad not to have to mess with all the chaos.
i won't do group rides over 20-30 bikes now. Personally I don't care where I am in line we are going to the same place.
I have been in front, middle and rear but I prefer the rear. No rush back there. Just relax and enjoy. The only few times trikes were staged was when there were several. They were staged in between.

Trike on a ride with 2 wheelers

Yep. Did a 100+ mile ride Saturday. About 15 2 wheelers and me. I was in the back "most" of the time. I did get passed by a 2 wheeler after I managed to get ahead of him at a stop. Then got ahead of a couple of other 2 wheelers that were content to stay behind me, but...waaaay behind me. I think it's a visibility thing. Hard to see around me. Usually have another trike in this group, and we ride together, but he was out of town that day.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png