A couple of questions

Apr 17, 2015
Sunset,La. USA
I am looking at installing my rake kit. Since I am as green as can be, my question is this, how do you know if your trike is level? I have an '06 GL Motor Trike with aquashields.
If you thought that was easy, here's another one. I live in south Louisiana where there are no hills. If you want a hill down here you go to an interstate overpass, because of this I find myself using reverse often. How sturdy is the reverse gears and starter?
Ferg

Installing a rake kit is not difficult but is tedious. You need to take all that plastic off and keep track of the wiring. The actual install is not that complicated then. The head guy here gives out a really good deal on trees. Contact Bazooka for further.

I am looking at installing my rake kit. Since I am as green as can be, my question is this, how do you know if your trike is level? I have an '06 GL Motor Trike with aquashields.
If you thought that was easy, here's another one. I live in south Louisiana where there are no hills. If you want a hill down here you go to an interstate overpass, because of this I find myself using reverse often. How sturdy is the reverse gears and starter?
Ferg

Ferg this is going to sound corny but I'd eyeball it. Since you live in flat country it should be pretty easy to find a level place with little if any structures in the back ground to cause an optical illusion. You can do all sorts of measurements and they would be more exact but if you install a rake kit it will most likely come with fork tube extenders to compensate for the rake effect. Changing internal fork components to compensate is almost as controversial as oil and tire discussions. Based on your terrain I believe you could get along just fine with the OEM springs and the ride would be smoother.

As for the Honda reverse being strong enough to move the trike there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it is. I put nearly 45,000 miles on my '06 MotorTrike Adventure and I used the dickens out of the reverse. Never had one bit of problem in nearly five years....

Hope that helped some.. :xszpv::xszpv:

the gl1800 reverse is stout if you don't abuse it. Have no fear using it particularly on flat ground. Try pushing your trike manually and you will find it rolls pretty easily.

Reverse is over rated for you are healthy. I been riding mine for 16 months and have no reverse and only needed it once because I had a brain fart and parked on some grass with nowhere to go but backweards. Got off, pushed it back, got back on. I read on this site that Harley electric reverse repair is $1400. Don't know what the Honda cost.

Your trike will be the same height after the rake kit as before. The fork extensions included in the kit ensure it will remain level.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png