Turn Signal Indicator Lights

Oct 27, 2013
Fredericksburg, VA
"08 Yamaha Road Star W/Champion Conversion
Here's what I did - Took off OEM running lights/turn signals -
Rear signals are LED and fronts are not -
Installed Harley style (bullet) front signals -
Had to add additional load equalizer (Champion uses one for the rear LEDS) too keep all signals from fast flashing -
The issue is, the signal indicator lights on the dash fast flash (very dimly) steady when engine is running - When I hit the turn switch (R or L) that light flashes as it should and the other indicator light still fast
flashes (brighter) -
All signals work as they should, it's just the indicator lights that are freaking out!
I hate electrics - any ideas ?

One other thing - Anybody know the color of the wires that operate the two indicator lights - Will render them inop if need be - Don't really need them to know if my signals are on.

"08 Yamaha Road Star W/Champion Conversion
Here's what I did - Took off OEM running lights/turn signals -
Rear signals are LED and fronts are not -
Installed Harley style (bullet) front signals -
Had to add additional load equalizer (Champion uses one for the rear LEDS) too keep all signals from fast flashing -
The issue is, the signal indicator lights on the dash fast flash (very dimly) steady when engine is running - When I hit the turn switch (R or L) that light flashes as it should and the other indicator light still fast
flashes (brighter) -
All signals work as they should, it's just the indicator lights that are freaking out!
I hate electrics - any ideas ?

Remove the load equalizer and install an electronic flasher.

Electronic Flasher? Any more info you can give would be much appreciated.

the signal flasher that controls the turn signals. About 1" sq. cube. I don't know where it located on your bike.

Found this for you. It's under the right side cover.

Re:Turn signal flasher location 5 Months, 3 Weeks ago

Like Erbman02 said. Right behind the rear cylinder, where the two side covers meet, there is an Allen head screw that helps holds the right cover on. You have to get at it from the left side after removing the left cover first.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png