Freewheeler Chrome Rear Bumper Installed

New bumper looks good. I agree they should come with one from the Factory. I have ridden my FLRT up on my ramps twice. So far no accidents. Just have to be careful Would be nice if there was a 3 ramp set up so there was one for the front wheel too.

Sunman

Do you use three ramps or two?

Just two in the back for removing the mufflers and installing the bumper.

I have a J&S Jacks Trike lift ordered to be able to lift the hole Trike and even move it around the garage if needed. They have a video on there site showing the lift in action. $519.00 for the lift plus shipping right at $595.00 shipped. They make really good lifts. Check them out on there web page if you get a chance.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

I'd almost bet you the Triglide mount and light would probably bolt in and wire right up to the existing wiring harness. Haven't checked that out, but I'll bet if not, it could easily be modified to plug in, they are both Mother Harley afterall. LOL

I'm still thinking about a set of freewheeler fenders for the Fat Bottom Girl ... or having mine Bobbed. I just can't get to see and measure a freewheeler ... dealer gets one and it's never on the floor ... sold before it arrives. I'll catch one eventually and measure to see if it they will fit.

Sorry for hijacking .. couldn't help myself. :D and I wasn't first .. LOL

Funny this came up. Neighbor has a trike (Lehman) and we were talking about ramps. Long story short we bought 3 sets. We split up the 3rd set so we each have 3 ramps. Makes trailer loading very easy. I also only use 2 when working on the trikes, haven't had a need to raise the front end yet.

Been using ramps for trike work since first GW Lehman trike 14 years ago. Found that 2 seem to work out ok, typical only needed one end up at a time. Just finished using 1 for the front end on the FreeWheeler, getting old enough not be be on the ground anymore. Next need to install new mufflers that have been sitting in a box for a couple of weeks, but there is always tomorrow, or next week.

Now I just need my new mufflers to show up UPS and the Freewheeler will be ready to Rock. Well at least I got the bumper installed this morning..

Ride Safe All, :pepper:
Bill G

I read the install instructions and was wondering about how to remove the carpeting inside the trunk. Is it velcro'd in? Bumper looks good!

Looks good!

IMO they should not leave the factory with out one......

I AGREE !!! $28k and Harley Davidson can't include a rear bumper or a luggage rack and sissy bar ... I've about had it with Harley as a company ... my local dealership is charging 256 frigging dollars for their 'service check' which is basically a oil and filter change ... a total ripoff in my opinion anyway ... I get the same 'service check' done on my car at jiffy lube for 49.99 ... lol

Nice Bumper

Looks good! I put mine on 2 days ago and it fits and mounts easily! I have the DK comfort lift and did it on the garage floor!

Piece of cake! Even for my old Butt!

And Yes it should come with it Stock!

I AGREE !!! $28k and Harley Davidson can't include a rear bumper or a luggage rack and sissy bar ... I've about had it with Harley as a company ... my local dealership is charging 256 frigging dollars for their 'service check' which is basically a oil and filter change ... a total ripoff in my opinion anyway ... I get the same 'service check' done on my car at jiffy lube for 49.99 ... lol

I hear you!!!!

Mine has everything in writing .... and adds some checks for trikes. After my first 2 negotiated free services I have done the rest myself (now at 27k miles). The service manual / trike supplement / parts manual have all paid for themselves. :laugh:

Bob

Classic H-D Service Costs.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png