Look what i got today!

Papa Zook

Founder
Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
A guy owed me some money on a repair job and offered to pay me with an old bike he had sitting in his garage for the last 15 years. I asked him what it was and he said he wasn't sure but it was an old racing bike his dad gave him years ago. I went over today to look at it and it turns out to be an old flat track racer from the 60s or maybe early 70s. I got it and will post some pictures of it later. Its pretty cool looking..little fiberglass tank and tail section, Ceriani forks, Italian made alloy rims, NO BRAKES! The frame is made by a company called Champion...Its light weight built real basic. It has a Yamaha engine in it but the guy said his dad used to run Triumph & BSA motors in these.

I have to do some research on this one! Anyone out there know anything about these things??

Pics posted shortly...

• Admin
ChampionFlattracker002.jpg

It has a Yamaha single cyl motor...looks like a 360 or maybe a 250..not sure yet. Its a race only motor because the shifter will go on either side and there is no kick starter. I know nothing about these but I think they are cool bikes. This one will get a restoration.

ChampionFlattracker001.jpg

I know the frame, seat and tank are Champion. Lots more parts in a box that came with the bike. Huge Mikuni Carb, several sprockets, big square number plates for each side, etc.

• Admin
kennyr-1.jpg

Heres Kenny Roberts doin what he did best on one thats similar but probably a little later model since its got the mono shock frame. Those Yammi singles and twins were some screaming machines. Its amazing how much power they got out of what started out as 250 & 360cc engines. Took guts to power slide through turns at 90MPH carrying the front wheel a foot in the air!

That is sweet, Zook! (and it's yellow--you KNOW that's good! LOL) :D

I was about to say the same thing Nana... there's something about yellow, isn't there? I've even got a yellow Kawasaki project bike :D

Good luck with the resto Zook, sweet little bike.

Here's a pic of mine (before/after) which I used as therapy during a prolonged 'no walkies' illness a few years back. Still not quite finished 'cos the trike conversion took over.

I remember those! They used to really run strong for no more engine than they had. 'Course there were MANY tricks that were done on those old 2 strokes & that BIG Carb you found in the box was just one of 'em! When I first Met 'Pest, her landlord raced Yamahas. He showed me the inside of one of his jugs & a stock one. Mucho difference in the ports!!

NM

Port mods were everything on those 2 strokes racers. Back in the 70's I had a 125 Honda motocross that just flew. I easily kick 250 stockers butt.

Looks like a Fabulous project bike. I just love the history. I have a friend out here who makes replica HD board racers, circa early 1900s I think. Totally scratch built including engines. Sells them to the USA for about US $100,000.
Our late model Yamaha 250 GP bike was delivering approx 100HP at the rear wheel. That's about 115HP at the crankshaft from a 250cc 2 stroke. It was such a awesome machine.

I was about to say the same thing Nana... there's something about yellow, isn't there? I've even got a yellow Kawasaki project bike :D

Good luck with the resto Zook, sweet little bike.

Here's a pic of mine (before/after) which I used as therapy during a prolonged 'no walkies' illness a few years back. Still not quite finished 'cos the trike conversion took over.

Is that a 750 or 900 Kawasaki Puff? Looks cool in cafe racer form!

Here's the reply from my bud, Drew Gatewood:

The frame is a Champion
The engine looks like a Yamaha 250
The forks (lower legs & tubes are Ceriani, triple trees possibly Betor. Probably 35mm
I see it doesn't have brakes. So, if raced that way it would have to have been before 1971 or '72,
when the AMA made rear brakes a requirement. Dumb rule.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png