Avon Trike Specific Front Tire

First, I believe Avon changed the designation to "AM-71" as the AV-71 also referred to the standard bike front tire.

Second, Avon told me to run 40-42 psi at my discretion. I run 42 and so far am extremely happy with it. Not enough miles to determine longevity.

I finally mounted my Avon trike tire but when I took the tire off I didn't like the feel of one of the bearings so I ordered new bearings and brake pads since I had the tire off, once I got them and had the tire back on it started raining here again, so haven't had a chance to ride it yet. The stealer that mounted the tire only put 33 psi in the tire so I increased it to 40, will let you know how I like it once I have a chance to ride again, hopefully this weekend.

I'm running 42 psi. Handles well, and the road noise is way less than oem. I'll lower it to 40 soon, just for comparison.

After fiddling around with various pressures, I've settled on 39 psi for the Cobra Trike. Very nice ride and great handling.

Sadly I ordered mine from Chapparral motorsports May 4th and Im still waiting.They told me a shipment was coming in May15th,well the 15th has come and gone. Im really disappointed on this one.

Sadly I ordered mine from Chapparral motorsports May 4th and Im still waiting.They told me a shipment was coming in May15th,well the 15th has come and gone. Im really disappointed on this one.

I know what you mean. The company I ordered mine from refunded my money and told me they didn't know when they would receive the tires.

Are these tires that much in demand that production can't keep up ??
OR is this the results of a flawed Marketing plan to find how much of a demand was out there before ramping up production??:Shrug:

According to Chapparral motorsports Avon has pushed the next shipment towards the middle of June.

It is there.

See details

Avon AV71 COBRA TRIKE MOTORCYCLE TIRES

SKU: 90000020646
BRAND: Avon
SIZE: 130/70R18
TYPE: TL (Tubeless)
POSITION: FRONT
SKU: 90000020646 Snakeskin sidewall treatment complements the Cobra logo and tread design; truly a unique custom look. Fits everything from Valkyries to Customs. Advanced Variable Belt Density (A-VBD) rear construction uses a densely wrapped belt in the center of the tire for stability, wear and mileage, the belt...

<tbody>
</tbody>

Our price: $177.22

<form name="orderform_148216_1414657149" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: static;" action="https://www.cedarrapidstire.com/cart.php?mode=add" method="post">
Quantity
<select name="amount" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; position: static;"> <option style="margin: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: static;" value="1">1</option> <option style="margin: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: static;" value="2">2</option> <option style="margin: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: static;" value="3">3</option> <option style="margin: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: static;" value="4">4</option> <option style="margin: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: static;" value="5">5</option> <option style="margin: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: static;" value="6">6</option> <option style="margin: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: static;" value="7">7</option> <option style="margin: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: static;" value="8">8</option> <option style="margin: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: static;" value="9">9</option> <option style="margin: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: static;" value="10">10</option> </select>

Buy Now

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
</form>

<tbody>
</tbody>

So it is.... I didn't see it when I looked but it is there!!! They are pretty proud of it compared to some of the other dealers, but they don't need to compete when they have it in Stock and the others don't.:Dorag:

Worth every penny.

Yeah, I may have to bite the bullet and go ahead and order one from them. I will hold off a couple more weeks to see if their competitor gets their shipment in, They said it was due by June 15th, $143. and free shipping. If they don't get them in I will bite and go for it. So far I have heard nothing but good reviews on this tire so looking forward to trying it. Keep me posted on your opinion both good and bad.:Coffee:

I finally got the chance to ride my trike since I put the new Avon trike tire on the front and I don't know how much wear we will get out of them but regardless of the amount of mileage we get from them I would buy the tire again just for the ride. The tire rides much smoother than my other tire and absorbs bumps much better than using a biased back tire, I was very impressed with the tire and though I don't think it made any difference in steering the ride quality was more than enough to sell me on this tire, I will be buying another once this one is worn out.ThumbUp

So, who has this tire for sale -now-. Looked at many sites and see the AV71 listed, but with my luck, they would not send the trike tire.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png