fuel shut down switch

I hit a pot-hole and the fuel shut off switch cut the fuel off. It also will blow a 40 fuse when this happens. I had to replace the fuel shut off switch. It must have go weak with age. If you do not reset the shut off switch it will blow a fuse every time you replace one.

Its under the seat next to the fuse box. Has a red button on top. I have had to reset it only once in 7 years from hitting a really big bump. Did not blow a fuse.

Gorilla, I would like to thank you so much. I've been getting the trike ready for a 2000 mile trip leaving Sunday. I saw the red button but didn't know that this thing had a fuel cut-off like a car. I went out tonight to take it out and adjust the lights I have under the mirrors and it wouldn't start. I remembered this thread, pulled the seat and the button was out. I reset it and wham the trike started.

There is going to be a lot of rain in Colorado where we're going, so I'm curious as to whether or not that cruise/brake light switch will fail. I called Richard and asked about getting a newer style one, that is supposed to be better in the rain, but he said mine should be fine. I guess I'll find out.

By the way, the HID's I installed work great. I put it on a dark street and I could see several hundred feet with just the low beam and when I turned on the high beam, it went quite a bit farther. I had the air bags set at 32, so the front was not high. I walked down the street and checked and the low beam was not pointing up into on coming traffic.

Right now we're in Estes Park, CO. We've had rain for the past 3 days on the road. A couple of small wacky things have happened on the trike from the rain, but nothing drastic. We'll be back Saturday. Hope it stops raining before then.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png