motor trike running lights

I bought a new goldwing & had the motor trike (razor) conversion added.... after about a month my running lights have stopped working....turn sigs, brake lightd are working though.....what should i check for this. i replaced the bulbs and took seat off and checked connectors but can't find the problem...anyone have any ideas what to check.....the place that installed my conversion is a hundred miles away & being memorial weekend and all,i really need to get this fixed this weekend if possible....

I bought a new goldwing & had the motor trike (razor) conversion added.... after about a month my running lights have stopped working....turn sigs, brake lightd are working though.....what should i check for this. i replaced the bulbs and took seat off and checked connectors but can't find the problem...anyone have any ideas what to check.....the place that installed my conversion is a hundred miles away & being memorial weekend and all,i really need to get this fixed this weekend if possible....

I'm a little unclear which lights are not working. By running lights are you speaking of tail lights or the front fog lights? If tail lights, are the tail lights in the bike top trunk working? That would tell you a lot.

Give us a bit more info and I bet together we can sort this one out...:xszpv::xszpv:

sorry...it's the tail lights in the motor trike conversion......it had turn sigs, and brake lights, but no tail lights.....got the problem fixed though...had to take the seat and top trunk off the find the problem....it was where the installer spliced into the harness...he didn't crimp a vinyl lug very good and it slipped out of lug.....glad to get the problem fixed...thanks for everyone that posted to my problem...you guys are great here on this site for helping all us other......thanks again

sorry...it's the tail lights in the motor trike conversion......it had turn sigs, and brake lights, but no tail lights.....got the problem fixed though...had to take the seat and top trunk off the find the problem....it was where the installer spliced into the harness...he didn't crimp a vinyl lug very good and it slipped out of lug.....glad to get the problem fixed...thanks for everyone that posted to my problem...you guys are great here on this site for helping all us other......thanks again

Glad to hear you have tail lights again. That was quite a task getting to the problem. Congrats on the fix!!! :xszpv: :xszpv:

That is really weired.
Motortrike was supposed to have made custom plugs that were to be connected inline with the bike wiring.
that being said, I do not like splices of anything attached to the bikes wiring with splices.
So this is strange indeed

Check to see if they or whoever may have installed an inline fuse for lighting coming off the battery accessory terminal. I had an issue when Bushtec installed the hitch and lighting and they put a 15 amp inline fuse on a 5 amp terminal. (the accessory terminal screw is located on the upper left corner of the fuse box) I relocated it directly off the battery.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png