New 1.19 software

What a Great idea a trike icon, why didn't Harley think of that? I have contacted HD with a couple of new problems that I have since I loaded the 1.18.3. The 1.18.3 was supposed to correct the radios problem with not switching from daylight to dark brightness automatically. I never had this problem but since I did the 1.18.3 download when it came out now my radio will not go to night mode. I have to manually darken the screen. Another problem I have is with GPS time. I live in the Cincinnati area and I have my clock set to use GPS time. I rode down to Tennessee with a friend of mine who also has a 2014 trike but he is still running 1.18.2 software. We went down to ride the dragon and noticed that the time on our radios had jumped back an hour but we were no where near the central standard time zone boundary. Every now and then it would go back to Easter time zone but then switch back. It never stayed in Eastern time zone until we got back home. I also run a Garmin Zumo 590LM and I would check the time on the Garmin and it was always correct.

I have 1.18.3 loaded, and don't see any problem with the day and night mode screen switch. Before I loaded 1.18.3 I had to put the screen control in manual because when I would start the bike after it was parked in the sun at work the screen would be completely black for 5-10 minutes; have not had that issue since updating.

We were just on the Dragon yesterday, and didn't notice any trouble with the time zone change, overall, I am pleased with the update, and have not had any problems, but I am still going to download the new one, just not sure I will flash the bike yet until I hear a little more feedback.

I have 1.18.3 loaded, and don't see any problem with the day and night mode screen switch. Before I loaded 1.18.3 I had to put the screen control in manual because when I would start the bike after it was parked in the sun at work the screen would be completely black for 5-10 minutes; have not had that issue since updating.

We were just on the Dragon yesterday, and didn't notice any trouble with the time zone change, overall, I am pleased with the update, and have not had any problems, but I am still going to download the new one, just not sure I will flash the bike yet until I hear a little more feedback.

I know what you mean about waiting to flash the bike after the 1.18.2 fiasco. I was going to do it this afternoon but I too might wait a little while.
When I called HD corporate and told them about the day/night problem and the time zone issues they said that is the first they heard of that especially the day/night issue.

Aww the heck with it. I just flashed the 1.19.0 to my trike. We will see what happens. Did it in my garage then shut the doors and turned off the lights to see if day/night problem would be gone but no such luck. At least in accessory mode the radio did not dim. I will ride later on and try it again with the trike running. The flash went well and all my saved radio stations and favorites saved on my thumb drive were still there. When I did the firmware flash on the 1.18.2 I had lost all those and had to re load the favorites and save radio stations.

Aww the heck with it. I just flashed the 1.19.0 to my trike. We will see what happens. Did it in my garage then shut the doors and turned off the lights to see if day/night problem would be gone but no such luck. At least in accessory mode the radio did not dim. I will ride later on and try it again with the trike running. The flash went well and all my saved radio stations and favorites saved on my thumb drive were still there. When I did the firmware flash on the 1.18.2 I had lost all those and had to re load the favorites and save radio stations.

GPS goes into night mode based on the official sunset time for that day in that time zone. Screen Brightness must be in automatic mode for the screen brightness to self adjust based on ambient light. I am sure there is some delay to this
change.

Went from 1.18.3 to 1.19.0 .... no problems.
Bob :Dorag:

Decided i would install the update and did so without any problems except losing my presets on my Sirius as Fuzzy said. haven't noticed anything any different as yet.

I did the update early last week and I don't subscribe to Sirius Radio so I had no problems. I am also trying to find what changes they made so I can at least verify them if possible. I'm not sure why H-D doesn't just include that info in the .zip file we download but ?!?!?!? ;)

I've put on about 600 miles since the download and no problems with any of the electronics, only operator error! :laugh: "Don't forget your manual!"

aj

Radio and charging a cell phone

When I plug my Samsung S6 in my 12v tour pack outlet it scrambles the am, fm radio so you can't listen to it. Does anyone have this problem when charging from the TP outlet?

I plug my iPhone 6 plus in the tp all the time ... doesn't scramble anything ... just charges the phone.

Are you using an aftermarket charger? I've heard of weird stuff with the cheap charges ... I use a 12v to usb adapter and the iPhone cord.

I plug my iPhone 6 plus in the tp all the time ... doesn't scramble anything ... just charges the phone.

Are you using an aftermarket charger? I've heard of weird stuff with the cheap charges ... I use a 12v to usb adapter and the iPhone cord.

I'm using the factory 12v to phone charger. Maybe I'll try the usb adapter that it has on the plug. I don't remember this problem before I installed the stage 1 Boom system.

Boom Audio is an Enigma

My bike absolutely hated 1.18.03, kept locking up the controls and screen. Went Back to 1.18.00 and all is fine.
When I heard about 1.19.00, I hit the brakes and waited to see how the test went before I jumped into the pool. I installed the update last week, and I can say It has been issue free other than the loss of XM pre-sets.
maybe HD is closing in on solutions to the Boom Audio issues (I'll keep my fingers crossed).

I'm using the factory 12v to phone charger. Maybe I'll try the usb adapter that it has on the plug. I don't remember this problem before I installed the stage 1 Boom system.

Just switched out with another (same type) charger, radio music works fine. Must be something up with the other charger.

I did the update early last week and I don't subscribe to Sirius Radio so I had no problems. I am also trying to find what changes they made so I can at least verify them if possible. I'm not sure why H-D doesn't just include that info in the .zip file we download but ?!?!?!? ;)

I've put on about 600 miles since the download and no problems with any of the electronics, only operator error! :laugh: "Don't forget your manual!"

aj

Changes are always listed on the download page > Click on the + or the version name left of the orange download button/box.

Bob

GPS goes into night mode based on the official sunset time for that day in that time zone. Screen Brightness must be in automatic mode for the screen brightness to self adjust based on ambient light. I am sure there is some delay to this
change.

Went from 1.18.3 to 1.19.0 .... no problems.
Bob :Dorag:

I have the screen brightness set to automatic and also have the time set to GPS time but still won't dim the display at night. Only way to do this is disable the auto brightness and then it goes to the darker setting that I have chosen. I never had this problem before 1.18.3. I was hoping that 1.19.0 would have corrected this but no such luck.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png