I made a little boob boo with the gasoline

Nov 15, 2012
Delray Beach Florida
:AGGHH: I made a boo boo just now, by mistake. Hot and very tired :vxtyaq:. I added about 4 ounces of paint thinner to a full tank of gas.
It was in the same type of bottle as I keep my mixture of Marvel and Techron that I always add to a tank of gas. I just filled the tank got home grabbed it and poured.

You guys think my mileage will increase?ThumbUp? I actually do:clapping:.
Or maybe get a slight kaboom:p, when it hits the injectors. I know it will sure as heck give them a quick clean somewhat.
In my mind it cant be much worse then a bit too much Sea-Foam.
More then likely I would expect it to just mix with the gas, rather then sit there all by its lonesome as a small layer in the tank. Maybe at worst a nice big puff of white smoke.

How bad could this be??:xzqxz:

As you all can see with all the smiley face dohickeys here.
Im not really concerned. Just wondering out loud.

Not to worry, 4-OZ's in a full tank 6-Gal.? Won't even be noticeable....
Just don't invite me to come over your house for a drink when you're tired:(:D

What no anitfrezze in the beer????
Your no fun.......:laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

You pour Tequilla that way.... I'm bringin over the limes and lemons...

In my youth who knows what Ive drank after a few shots in the dorms.:xzqxz:
Don't forget the salt.:D

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you just found a cheaper injector cleaner.:pepper:

Ive used toluene in the past on purpose.
Got to use up all those old paint chemicals in the garage someplace, now that I don't have a sewer to drop them in anymore.
Can you honestly say you never dug a hole in the back yard to get rid of old motor oil back in the day.

Used antifrezze is hard to dispose of today. Havent found a place for a few gallons of that yet here in Florida.
You know of anyone with a mean yapping dog?? Just kidding even Im not that cruel.

- - - Updated - -
Used antifrezze is hard to dispose of today. Havent found a place for a few gallons of that yet here in Florida.

Just leave it on the tailgate of a pickup truck and accelerate hard from a stop light,
Disposal solved... ThumbUp

Believe it or not a lot of folks do it for a lot of things here on the mountain.
I seen a lady driving with 3 bags of garbage on the top of her car to get rid of em. She finally got caught.
You wouldn't believe what I find in my ditch. Once I found over 400 lbs of 6x4 inch angle steel. Didn't take me long to get it on my loader and gone wit it.

Believe it or not a lot of folks do it for a lot of things here on the mountain.
I seen a lady driving with 3 bags of garbage on the top of her car to get rid of em. She finally got caught.
You wouldn't believe what I find in my ditch. Once I found over 400 lbs of 6x4 inch angle steel. Didn't take me long to get it on my loader and gone wit it.

I believe it all 100%. Before Florida I lived in the Catskills in Upstate NY.
We burned our garbage in the middle of the yard in 55 gallon drums. Modern living.
No pickup there. I developed a conscience living there. I had the Wallkill River running 125 ft behind my house.
Couldn't legally tap into the river for water. Here in Florida my well for the sprinklers is all of 17 feet deep. You would go broke using town water to take care of lawns here.
In NY because of the river. My well was 375 feet deep. I had 8 acres and dug a pit for everything else. Old big things we had to bring to the town dump and pay a fee according to weight.

Very different lifestyle that Id give almost anything to get back to. Cant afford to leave here.........yet.
Except for riding year long here. I kinda sorta hate Florida. Here it just goes from warm to HOT. Dry for 3 months rains for 9. Sux....Most people don't relies its sub-tropical here.

I believe it all 100%. Before Florida I lived in the Catskills in Upstate NY.
We burned our garbage in the middle of the yard in 55 gallon drums. Modern living.
No pickup there. I developed a conscience living there.

Very different lifestyle that Id give almost anything to get back to. Cant afford to leave here.........yet.
You can never go back.... Garbage pits/ Burning are illegal, At least on my side of the Katskills [Tusten/Narrowsburg] And when the summer camps open, The sides of the roads are their free dumping grounds.. Part of our property has a 1/2 mile of road frontage...

- - - Updated - - -

In my youth who knows what Ive drank after a few shots in the dorms.:xzqxz:
Don't forget the salt.:D

- - - Updated - - -

Ive used toluene in the past on purpose.
Got to use up all those old paint chemicals in the garage someplace, now that I don't have a sewer to drop them in anymore.
Can you honestly say you never dug a hole in the back yard to get rid of old motor oil back in the day.

You know of anyone with a mean yapping dog?? Just kidding even Im not that cruel.

I used to paint my wooden fence with it when I lived in California. Seems everyone has a fence like a fort there.

:AGGHH: I made a boo boo just now, by mistake. Hot and very tired :vxtyaq:. I added about 4 ounces of paint thinner to a full tank of gas.
It was in the same type of bottle as I keep my mixture of Marvel and Techron that I always add to a tank of gas. I just filled the tank got home grabbed it and poured.

You guys think my mileage will increase?ThumbUp? I actually do:clapping:.
Or maybe get a slight kaboom:p, when it hits the injectors. I know it will sure as heck give them a quick clean somewhat.
In my mind it cant be much worse then a bit too much Sea-Foam.
More then likely I would expect it to just mix with the gas, rather then sit there all by its lonesome as a small layer in the tank. Maybe at worst a nice big puff of white smoke.

How bad could this be??:xzqxz:

As you all can see with all the smiley face dohickeys here.
Im not really concerned. Just wondering out loud.

Small Boo Boo compared to the Dufus who lit a cigarette while pumping gas, lucky only he was injured, the whole place could have gone up in flames. Yours I would consider just a Boo.

You can never go back.... Garbage pits/ Burning are illegal, At least on my side of the Katskills [Tusten/Narrowsburg] And when the summer camps open, The sides of the roads are their free dumping grounds.. Part of our property has a 1/2 mile of road frontage...

Town I lived in had all of 3 full time cops. A few State troopers here and there.
Might have changed a bit in 15 years on my old side too.
But I have a funny feeling nothing has changed there.
Just more New York City folks moving into the area and f#$%ing it up.
Same as North Easterners are trying to do here in South Florida.
They F4%^up every where they go.
I don't count. Lived here for 30 years before Catskills.;)

- - - Updated - - -

I used to paint my wooden fence with it when I lived in California. Seems everyone has a fence like a fort there.

Im not responsible for painting anything here. The HOA does it.
So Im just looking for ways to dispose of old, getting rusted cans of stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Small Boo Boo compared to the Dufus who lit a cigarette while pumping gas, lucky only he was injured, the whole place could have gone up in flames. Yours I would consider just a Boo.

I was filling up my car today and looked down. I saw a cigarrete butt on the ground and was thinking the same thing.
What idjit was here?? I was glad I wasn't at that time.

A couple of observations: While stationed in Norfolk Va., back in the mid-70's, We had to change clutch packs out on our tug boat. These rings were about 4.5 ft tall with about 10" of surface. Instead of taking them about a block and a half to the dumpster, KERPLUNK, over the side it went! Same with diesel truck batteries! why carry or haul them that far when all you had to do was "deep six 'um"!! Now some 40 years later, I live along the St Clair River here in East China Mi. I'm an avid boater, take great care while doing anything along the water. Just a little difference in how we view or value our water. I feel terrible about what we did but it was just S.O P. back them! (Standard Operating Procedures)
I'm sure you can't get away with that these days!!!

In my case I guess Ive developed a conscience in my old age.
I finally found a auto parts place to take old oil.
Youd think any place that does an oil change would take yours.
Most here wont. They say that they don't know if its only motor oil. If its contaminated with say brake fluid, which mine was. Its of no value to their resellers.
I wont dump it on my property any way. Im 50 feet from a canal down here.
So Im stuck with a few dead bike batteries and antifrezze. Along with rusty paint chemical containers. For now. Just one battery laying around. 3 years after it blew up still has 1.5 volts. Gotta keep it just for that right.

IMG_0041.jpg

We takem but since they don't have a core charge its just so you don't have to dispose of it.Also recycle centers that do batteries take them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png