from OZ my next project

G'day all out there. I have a trike project that I started collecting parts for over the last 3 years. I will start at the frame I'm using a Yamaha 1000 frame this will be mounted directly to the motor with solid mountings. the motor is a 3.5 rover v8 running twin LPG carbies instead of the su's. the transmission is from an Alfa Romeo Alfetta it is a ZF3hp22 transaxle automatic with Di Dion rear suspension & inboard disc brakes .

the adapter you will see when I put up the pics is damn ugly but at $10.00 was cheap it came from a shut down analogue tv transmitter station. the Alfa has an unusual setup on the front of the trans it runs a tailshaft from the rear of the motor to the front of the gear box in the rear of the car. I have to get an adapter made to go between the rover flex plate & the Alfa torque convertor then I can bolt it all up to start sorting mounting the frame to the motor. ernie

030_zpsdxehmxuu.jpg

027_zpsamvouzja.jpg
this is the auto
attachment_zpsq3brwfbe.jpg
this is the manual gearbox
IMG-20130116-00081_zps2pvvksap.jpg

029_zpsk0ngerpl.jpg

Attachments

• 012_zpsrazuvm8m.jpg
    012_zpsrazuvm8m.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 205
Hey Rover, I'm impressed how you blokes can improvise. I've seen this on several threads. Keep up the good work and keep us up to date on how your project is coming. I'd like to see some pics of the finish project.

G'day Shimpy thanks for reply. we have 2 things in common I'm an ex Royal Australian Navy VET. I hope to make a major start on the trike in the next few months. My main project is a 1976 VW bus that I'm converting to roverv8 midengine 4X4 & I have to have it finished for August next year.
Ernie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png