instrument dash

Mar 22, 2013
Thonotoassa ,Fla ,USA
Has anyone changed out their dash ,and how much was needed to it , I am working on a custom dash at this point have already got a white face gauges ,it out having Graphfic's added to it . just looking into how much work it going to be to be he change out ?

I changed mine to a white face one. Did not make any mods to the white face one. The swap was easy. The front clear cover is easy to remove when it is out. If you are doing mods the gauge needles are the issue along with a printed circuit board on back. Time and patience will be necessary.

I changed mine to a white face one. Did not make any mods to the white face one. The swap was easy. The front clear cover is easy to remove when it is out. If you are doing mods the gauge needles are the issue along with a printed circuit board on back. Time and patience will be necessary.

thanks I have a complete dash to change out not just the white faces the new has the white face gauges from ford a factory unit, just wondering how many nut bolts screws and such to change it , I also wantto change all the bulbs during the change out to red , any idea on the number and part numbers of the bulb as I can then x-check them to red

thanks I have a complete dash to change out not just the white faces the new has the white face gauges from ford a factory unit, just wondering how many nut bolts screws and such to change it , I also wantto change all the bulbs during the change out to red , any idea on the number and part numbers of the bulb as I can then x-check them to red

Now your going to try my memory. I believe they were: T5 Wedge 5050 Red SMD Gauge Cluster Speedometer LED Light Bulb 57 79 18 74. That was the ebay listing I got mine from.

I did the same thing Removing the old module was no big deal. I believe it was held in by 4 screw/bolts. A couple were hidden behind a taped over area. Just get a light and look real close you will find the bolts. Check the bulb polarity as you install them LED dash bulbs do have a plus and minus not like a regular bulb where it doesn't matter. You will have to do a temp plug in then turn the lights on to see if you need to turn a bulb around or not.

The only issue is your replacement dash will probably have the gear indicator showing. You can remove the mechanism and then take the blank out of the old dash to fill the void area. I think I spent around 2 hours doing the job.

now your going to try my memory. I believe they were: t5 wedge 5050 red smd gauge cluster speedometer led light bulb 57 79 18 74. That was the ebay listing i got mine from.

I did the same thing removing the old module was no big deal. I believe it was held in by 4 screw/bolts. A couple were hidden behind a taped over area. Just get a light and look real close you will find the bolts. Check the bulb polarity as you install them led dash bulbs do have a plus and minus not like a regular bulb where it doesn't matter. You will have to do a temp plug in then turn the lights on to see if you need to turn a bulb around or not.

The only issue is your replacement dash will probably have the gear indicator showing. You can remove the mechanism and then take the blank out of the old dash to fill the void area. I think i spent around 2 hours doing the job.

thanks for the input

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png