HD/CSC Exhaust

Apr 24, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
I know there are several HD/CSC owners here. Have any of you replaced your mufflers?

CSC uses a modified SuperTrapp/Kerker, but I have not been able to find a replacement.

Yes, I know I can get them from CSC, but I would like find something other that the SuperTrapp if possible.

:Flag:

myth-albums-my-scoot-picture2057-472856943f-sorry-if-your-behind-me-no-baffles-straight-fishtails.jpg
i just put straight fishtails on had to cut them down bout 6 inches but sound great. if you want loud thats what i did and the fishtails look good out the back. there should be a few different mufflers that would work. i know the pipes mine came with were very quiet loaded with baffles

Does this mean that if I choose to buy a Champion trike kit for my Ultra Classic, I can't use my Vance and Hines Monster Ovals?? I love those mufflers more than any. I guess I put about 5 or 6 sets of different slip-ons on that bike before I found the sound I really wanted.

I think I may have just answered my own question. I have found that CSC kits for pre-2000 HD include mufflers. Kits for 2000-up Harleys provide for the use of the OEM mufflers. I was wondering what the price difference ($100) was and persistent digging showed this.

I may be wrong about the model year change-over. The CSC HD price sheet shows $7245 for kits fitting 1987 through 2003 FLHs. The price drops $100 for FLHs from 2004 - up.

Last edited:
Shriner Jim, The Champion Kit uses the mufflers that you all ready have. The only thing is the mufflers on the Champion kit mount to a plate and are rotated 90 degrees clockwise on the right muffler and 90 degrees counter clockwise on the left muffler when they are mounted to this plate. Made my slash cut Screaming Eagles look different but I am now used to it.

Jim the CSC kit for the Ultra does not use the OEM exhaust!

The mufflers that CSC uses are 12" SuperTrapps.

If you're right, then I must have misread the Champion website. Maybe one of the Champion dealers could provide the right info. According to their installation manual, they provide mufflers for trike kits that fit older FLHs. The instructions for the 2008 say that they use the HD oem mufflers. Check me out and let me know if I misread it. I really don't want to give up my mufflers, heck I dont even want to turn them upside down.:eek:

Jim, I think we are talking about two different kits. The CSC kit is a California SideCar trike. It is not the same as a Champion kit. BlueTrinity is right, the CSC/HD kit uses the imitation SuperTrapp mufflers. They become very loud when paired with a true dual setup, even with re-packing.

Dwight

I believe at one time Champion provided Bassani mufflers as part of their kit but have since ceased and now use the OEM equipment. I had Rush side slash slip-on's on my bike and now that it's a trike they are down slash due to the 90 degree rotation of the hangers. I've been considering changing to the Kuryakyn Crusher Mufflers with Trident tips but don't know if they'll fit due to their large circumference. Those things are HUGE but are really quality equipment using lots of stainless steel packing around the baffles. They have the deepest mellow sound I've ever heard at idle and cruising speed but will really thunder when you rip on the throttle!!!

Jim, I think we are talking about two different kits. The CSC kit is a California SideCar trike. It is not the same as a Champion kit. BlueTrinity is right, the CSC/HD kit uses the imitation SuperTrapp mufflers. They become very loud when paired with a true dual setup, even with re-packing.

Dwight

Yes, I believe you are right. I'm so new at this and I know so little. I confused CSC (Cal. Side Car) with Champion. My mistake. I just hope that I am right about the Champion kit using my mufflers without turning them 90 degrees.
Sorry for causing confusion. Sorry BlueTrinity.
Jim:blush:

I am new to trikes and to this forum. Iconverted my 09' Ultra Classic w/CSC and just replaced the stock headder pipes to V&H true duals but the mufflers that come w/CSC are now VERY LOUD! Has anyone experienced this or has replaced the CSC mufflers with anything elsew that would quiet this some??
I tried following this thread but did not get anywhere.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png