Cruise Control fixed

Jan 20, 2011
Dexter, MO, USA
I finally got my cruse control fixed after two years. I had the problem where I could set the cruse and it worked fine but you would need to stomp on the brake to get the cruse to cancel. The fix came after I decided to take apart the control box located in front of the master cylinder. I found there were two sets of switches located inside and the one set has contacts on both sides and it was making contact on both sides. I bent the prong so the switch was making contact only on one side. Put the switch back together and back on the trike and everything is working like it should. Wish I had of done this over a year ago.

What caused them to get put in that position to begin with or was it always like that? I'd be concerned with a repeat.

What caused them to get put in that position to begin with or was it always like that? I'd be concerned with a repeat.

Not long after I got the trike some of the guys that ride with me asked if I used my breaks very much. I told them when I needed to I did and they told me that my break lights only came on when I was coming to a complete stop. At that time I still had warranty so I took it to the dealer and he replaced the switch. They told me they were done and I noticed when they were taking it off the rack I didn't see break lights with the new switch. The dealer took the switch apart and bent the tab and the break lights worked fine. The cruse worked fine for about a year after that and then started not canceling then I touched the brakes. I don't have a clue why it stopped but glad I decided to take it apart and it working now.

That almost sounds like they are getting bent back out of position. I'd keep a close eye on it. May just be a very poor design but if people can't see your brake light that isn't good either. They'll claim you never hit your brakes when they rear end you. Not good at all.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png