93* Here in the Santa Clarita Valley

Soooooo, we rode the scoots to the Pacific Ocean for breakfast / lunch at the Ventura Marina. About a zillion (give or take a couple) motorcycles on the road today escaping the valley heat and heading to the coast. Sorry, left the GoPro in the garage, just wanted to get out of the valley.

We feel the pain screwball it's starting to warm up.

We just got back from a 160 mile round trip mountain ride on the Freewheeler. We went up around a loop into the Lake Isabella Kernville area. It hit 99* today, it was a little warm down lower towards the valley here in Bakersfield CA.

Ride Safe All, :)
Bill G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 83
We feel the pain screwball it's starting to warm up.

We just got back from a 160 mile round trip mountain ride on the Freewheeler. We went up around a loop into the Lake Isabella Kernville area. It hit 99* today, it was a little warm down lower towards the valley here in Bakersfield CA.

Ride Safe All, :)
Bill G

Figured it was as hot or hotter up your way. Buddy Ron (D-90) lives up your way and was asking about the heat.

Mid 80's here and rode up into the mountains were it was in the mid 70's.
Now that's good riding right there :pepper:

We are also fortunate with ways to beat the heat. Our house is at 1450 above sea level on the fringe of the Mojave Desert. 42 miles west and we are IN the Pacific Ocean. 30 miles east and a mile up we are at 2 ski resorts in the mountains. We WERE going to ride to Wrightwood (elevation 6200ft.) for lunch today, but the kids needed an 'emergency baby sitter' so they could ride with their friends to the lake. Yes, wife said OK before I could gripe, whine, and cry.

Hit 85 for the first time here in MT. Huge thunderstorm while I was out riding. I love riding in thunderstorms. Mountains caught all but a skiff of rain. Beautiful day. After about a 300 mile learning curve (give or take about 50 miles) I am having a blast. Finding myself looking down at the speedometer and having to slow down LOL. The FLRT really moves right along. Not quite the hot rod the dyna was but still tons of torque and really fun to ride in the sweet spot of the motor. I am enjoying the 103 HO motor very much.

feel / felt the same. After a few years on my Ultra, then the Tri I got kind of used to having all that 'stuff' in front of me. When I saw pictures of the 'Free my old Dyna was the first thing that came in mind. The Tri's were a lot of fun, the Free is just a plain old BLAST. No faring to block your view, gages to distract you just the whole world out in front of you.

I know at 70 I'm off 2 wheelers forever, not sure what Harley can invent to get me off the Free. It is just a major kick in the ass.

feel / felt the same. After a few years on my Ultra, then the Tri I got kind of used to having all that 'stuff' in front of me. When I saw pictures of the 'Free my old Dyna was the first thing that came in mind. The Tri's were a lot of fun, the Free is just a plain old BLAST. No faring to block your view, gages to distract you just the whole world out in front of you.

I know at 70 I'm off 2 wheelers forever, not sure what Harley can invent to get me off the Free. It is just a major kick in the ass.

screwball,

I am not 70 yrs old yet but I am creeping up on 51 this month and can still manage the two wheelers ok. (Do have a week knee though after surgery). With that said I totally agree with all you said about the Freewheeler. ThumbUp We love ours (no regrets getting it) and love the fact Harley has went down this road with the Trike line.

Take Care & Ride Safe,:)
Bill G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 65

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png