RSV/Hannigan exhaust and electric reverse questions

Oct 19, 2014
Rochester, NH, USA
Need some suggestions for aftermarket exhaust.

I wanted my Baron's Nastyboy 2-4-2's put on my trike but since the rear end only has the mouse hole cut out I don't think they will fit or look good.

Just looked at another set of pipes from Baron's Custom but they say the bracket raises the pipes to give more ground clearance. Thinking they would need a custom bracket designed for proper fit up.

Also, I tested the electric reverse on my test ride today. First time I hit the switch, I almost crapped my pants. The trike jerked backwards at a pretty good clip and it was very loud. Is that normal? Can the electric motor be adjusted so it's smoother? Any tricks backing up without the jerking?:confused:

I can't help with the exaust but your reverse sounds normal. Your owners manual even warns, "Press reverse switch cautiously, as initial engagement is powerfull and quick." I've got used to it, Shirley, not so much. Even when I warn her it startels her.

There may be some way to step down the voltage on the motor but I sure don't know how.

I can't help with the exaust but your reverse sounds normal. Your owners manual even warns, "Press reverse switch cautiously, as initial engagement is powerfull and quick." I've got used to it, Shirley, not so much. Even when I warn her it startels her.

There may be some way to step down the voltage on the motor but I sure don't know how.

good info!! I was told to give a very short pull on the toggle and let off....still a surprise the first time..LOL

Since I have not taken possession of the trike yet I have not owner's manuals. The shop is going to contact someone to see if anything can be adjusted.

Good news is I plan on going forward 99.99999% of the time:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png