Parking a trike?

DblTrbl

Gold Member
Gold Member
Reaction score
OK, I know with my 2 wheeler, I backed into the parking space with my nose facing the street and rear end towards the sidewalk.

Since the trike is almost 10ft long, I don't think that is in option (where it's only parallel parking) so do you just take up the entire space and park parallel?

Park normally and use reverse. A trike isn't longer than most cars.

I just park normally. The only concession I give is making sure that if I have to back up, it's not too big an incline since my reverse is of the Flintstone variety.

If you mean in marked parallel parking spots, I've found that I can usually enter the space in such a way that there is a couple of feet between my trike and the car ahead and I always angle the front wheel toward the roadway.

That way I can usually pull out without having to use reverse. In the last 5 years I probably haven't used reverse more than a dozen times.

I park according the the incline of the parking spot. If paralell I pull in and pull out. I use the whole space. If with a group I pull to the side to allow a 2 wheeler next to me. Flintstone reverse never false me.

Attachments

• VTX done 005.JPG
    VTX done 005.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 130
  • VTX done 006.JPG
    VTX done 006.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 131
Back