incomplete quad wants to build a reverse trike (neophyte)

Jun 10, 2015
Aiken SC
I have a dream to build this machine to help me easily get out and go again. Almost 6 years of sitting home Is too long. My idea is to build a reverse trike with an enclosed cab on the front (to protect my wheelchairs electronics).

A ramp that I can hit a switch to lower and raise. To drive while seated in my chair to limit dangerous transfers.

Any advice, information and constructive criticism is appreciated.

Attachments

• bare bones trike reverse.png
    bare bones trike reverse.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 75
  • T R I K E.png
    T R I K E.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 69
  • trike wheelchair needs.png
    trike wheelchair needs.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 72
  • reverse semi trike.png
    reverse semi trike.png
    16 KB · Views: 70
I love the concept ... I'm not much help in the engineering, but I'm sure some of the builders will chime in with probably more help than you can use ... :D ... I am wondering why a reverse trike ... I would think a VW floorboard would make a fine start ... just my $0.02 worth.

I'm hearing a lot about VW

Several people I have spoken with have mentioned going with a vw and traditional trike. I suppose it's my lack of experience with trikes and my desire to be different that led me to my design ideas. I am open and indeed welcome any design that meets my needs. They are simple (I hope)

Ramp to drive my wheelchair into it.

Ride from my chair.

Out of the rain. My chair can't take it and my neurological system cannot handle it.

Thanks for your input.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png