CSC Aux. fuel question

May 14, 2015
Sunrise, Florida
I toured the csc facility in Virginia today and while talking he mention that the way the auxiliary fuel tank works. He said that the way it is positiond that when the yellow fuel light comes on i have approximately 3 gallons to go. he said I have about another 100 or so miles left. This actually bothers me because you never actually know how far you can go. I would have thought that it flows along with the oem tank and just goes down at a slower rate. Does anyone this to be true?? Mine is in the shop as we speak getting converted.

Once you have your trike back you will be able to determine your average mpg's. Then you will know how far you can normally go on a tank of fuel.

If the yellow light means 3 gallons left then you need to start looking for fuel. My trike averages 37 locally so I know I have 111 miles before my co-rider has to start pushing. She doesn't like that at all so I will usually fill up long before she starts getting nervous.

My CSC gets around 250 miles to the tank. On mine when the light comes on, usually around 240 miles, it takes 8 gallons to fill up. I use the lowest fill lock on the nozzle and it will fill both tanks in a few minutes. Mine gets 30-32 mpg with the speedo corrected. You will like it a lot. It rides and handles extremely well. It takes the twisties like it's on a rail.

My CSC gets around 250 miles to the tank. On mine when the light comes on, usually around 240 miles, it takes 8 gallons to fill up. I use the lowest fill lock on the nozzle and it will fill both tanks in a few minutes. Mine gets 30-32 mpg with the speedo corrected. You will like it a lot. It rides and handles extremely well. It takes the twisties like it's on a rail.

Thanks, but to be clear the low fuel light does not come on exactly as the csc guy described.

Thanks, but to be clear the low fuel light does not come on exactly as the csc guy described.
Mine is the same way, I can run about 250 miles the light will come on but i will need 7.5- 8.0 gallons to fill up , what sucks is when the light comes on your not sure did I just get shit gas, bad mileage or do I still have 2 gallons left , saturday the light came on I had only 210 miles it took 6.5 gallons ,I have gone 300 miles & put in 9.3 gallons the light was on for a long time.

I toured the csc facility in Virginia today and while talking he mention that the way the auxiliary fuel tank works. He said that the way it is positiond that when the yellow fuel light comes on i have approximately 3 gallons to go. he said I have about another 100 or so miles left. This actually bothers me because you never actually know how far you can go. I would have thought that it flows along with the oem tank and just goes down at a slower rate. Does anyone this to be true?? Mine is in the shop as we speak getting converted.

Glad you got to tour the factory--I'm envious. I was scheduled to do so on June 3rd but had to cancel--things came up when I was in West Virginia and I could not make the 360-mile round trip to Arrington, VA.

Your question was one I was going to ask CSC when I went--what will I see on the gauge with the aux. fuel tank? Like you I hoped I'd just see a slower, even drop on the gauge.

But I can adjust once I get confidence in what it's doing is consistent. If I know I have 2-3 gallons left when the light comes on that will be no issue 99% of the time for me.-there's gas stations on every corner here for the most part. I'd be hard pressed to drive 60+ miles here without multiple opportunities to fill up. I'll still have to use my head when touring in very remote areas but it will be great to skip filling up on every stop like I'm able to do now with the 2-wheeler.

The gauge will drop as before when it was a 2 wheeler. At about 1/2 tank and down, when the aux tank starts to drain, it will slow down until the light comes on. Usually this is at about 1/8 on the gauge or around 240 miles. My milage is usually a bit less when we play in the twisties. Ride safe..

The gauge will drop as before when it was a 2 wheeler. At about 1/2 tank and down, when the aux tank starts to drain, it will slow down until the light comes on. Usually this is at about 1/8 on the gauge or around 240 miles. My milage is usually a bit less when we play in the twisties. Ride safe..

Thanks, Dragonryder--sounds like its fairly consistent depending on the terrain.

In theory I think I like the idea of a manual transfer of fuel better--like Roadsmith and Hannigan do it--just using the main tank most of the time locally. But there will be instances where I'll appreciate not having to rely on a switch/pump to function when I haven't used it in a while. I guess I don't have to make a special effort to allow the aux. tank to completely fill each time I gas up--it takes however much it takes and a 200-mile range is fine most of the time.

Sounds very convoluted. I prefer my Road Smith fuel program, engage the aux fuel tank, when it's done red lights begin to signal, then you know what's in the main tank and watch the fuel gauge same as when it was on two wheels.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vencill

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vencill
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png