t's Summer- and it's hot

Apr 17, 2015
Sunset,La. USA
Down here it's also very humid.
Since I've went to three wheels, I feel more secure. What I mean is, I don't wear all the gear I used to. Now I'm wearing jeans, sneakers, gloves and t- shirts instead of boots, jacket, full face helmet, etc.
Do you still wear all the gear all the time or have you relaxed your dress code also?

Since on a trike I've put away the mesh jacket in hot weather, but keep full finger gloves, jeans, full face modular helmet and over the ankle leather boots. It helps to wear thin socks in the boots and light color jeans.

I still wear mesh jacket(liner out), boots,jeans,gloves,1/2 helmet. Some of the bugs here in Florida are the size of small birds. I don't feel hot unless stopped at a light , which is not very often where I ride.

I just made a little ride (15 miles of interstate) to Academy. I wore my full face helmet, t shirt, jeans, gloves and boots. I had to keep my face shield up, it was too hot with it closed. I bought a Magellan long sleeve shirt. I wore it home, plus I also sidetracked a couple of miles in town.<br />
I was surprise to find that the long sleeve shirt kept me cooler than a t-shirt. This shirt has a back panel that allows a good airflow up the sleeves and out the back. Up until now, I was wearing a mesh jacket and cooking.<br />
Thanks everyone for the help. <br />
Ferg

I have to admit I am getting lax in wearing ATGATT. For the first time ever I have ridden without a jacket the past few weeks. When the temps are "feel like" 105o I stopped wearing the full mesh. I got one heck of a burn on my arms from that as well. Today it was cooler and I wore the mesh again.

I always wear boots either the 9" riding boots or my favorite Timberlands. Depending on the temps I usually wear cut off gloves with a padded palm. I don't like full finger gloves as I feel too restricted in them.

When the weather turns cooler( I can't wait) I will go back to leather and tall boots with full finger gloves.

The FF helmet is a must for me. I took a fall when I first started riding and will never forget the damage to the helmet and where it was. My face may not be much but I like it the way it is. lol

2 wheel;er broke me from shorts. short legs and hot exhaust will leave a nasty tattoo. no need to ask how I know. i am ashamed to say there is more than one. We always wear our helmets, usually fingerlesss gloves, boots, jeans and tee shirt. rarely wear my vest anymore.

2 wheel;er broke me from shorts. short legs and hot exhaust will leave a nasty tattoo. no need to ask how I know. i am ashamed to say there is more than one. We always wear our helmets, usually fingerlesss gloves, boots, jeans and tee shirt. rarely wear my vest anymore.

I still wear my mesh or light jacket when the weather is cool enough. We have 2 or 3 months where we need to get the cold weather gear out, the cooler months I usually wear my mesh or light jacket. We can ride all year here.:pepper:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png