Dealer Stage 1 remap

For the most part it increases the rev limiter to 6,200 and increases a little fuel in the open look areas. The closed loop areas still stay lean. Its not unheard of to have a 17.1 - 18.1 AFR at idle, and people wonder why they go into heat management and cook you at a traffic light.

Re: stage 1 download.

I have been running the stage 1 download for awhile now. I think with the stock air cleaner it did not rev quite as freely as it does now. The only time I think it might be slightly lean is when I am really getting on it passing someone. I seem to have to get in a lower gear than before to get to the power. As long as I remember to use the right gear power is pretty good. I do not have any knocking , pinging, missing or backfiring of any kind. Also does not seem to get too hot when riding in the heat. The heat management system does kick on after I have been riding about a half hour or so when I come to a stop at the stop light. I think it works pretty well.

If you have the money I do think either A) get a powervision, TTS or something similar or B) the VIED 10 units that nightrider and DK customs sells looks like a cheap way to get more fuel to the bike. I got the stage 1 download with the intention of getting something better when finances improve. I will ride it this way for the remainder of the season. Next year I will add something else to it. I live at high altitude so I think the download works better up here than it might at say .. sea level . I have nothing to base this off of except figuring the bike would run leaner down lower. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

I live at high altitude so I think the download works better up here than it might at say .. sea level . I have nothing to base this off of except figuring the bike would run leaner down lower. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

Probably true ... makes sense anyway ... higher altitude, less oxygen ... although, I think the ECM takes altitude into account to some extent. My house is at 5200 feet. When I go to sea level, the trike still runs fine.

That is the advantage of FI.

This is one of the reasons I prefer FI over carb's. When I was having the free dyno tuned I seen 18:1 at idle several times before it cleaned up. I think it is still running a shade rich but it sure runs good and a bunch cooler. To my surprise when I went to the fulsac bafflers to open it up it is now running much cooler and the mid range is much better. I have also noticed I hear the open breather a lot more now. It pulling air in.

I tired the stage one download flash. It helped some but was not the solution that was needed.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png