Are these things negotiable with the Dealer? Thoughts and or experiences?

Jun 26, 2015
Stafford, Va
Are these things negotiable with the Dealer? Thoughts and or experiences?

Okay,

From what has been posted, not to many dealers will come down on MSRP. So, I wanted to get your thoughts on asking for the following"

- No FReight: normally around 800-900 bucks.
- No Dealer Processing fees: 200.00
- No Title and tags fee 65.00
- No Electronic processing: 20.00
- No dealer prep. 900.00 up!
- Extended service plan : asking for under 2, 000.00 maybe 1,800.
- no prepaid labor: 50.00

Plus I want:
- first 3 services free.
- gift card: {To help off set the purchase of 2 helmets, jackets, gloves etc.... }

two free Harley T-shirts :cool:

I know it may sound extreme, but if you don't ask you won't know. I was going to ask this at two different dealers and see what they say or counter offer.

This site has been awesome with feedback.

Also one more question? Any issues with wind Buffett on the TriGlides ( 2015)?

Asking is easy ... getting is hard. I got some of what your asking for but I've bought 9 bikes in the last 17 years.

All motorcycles will have wind buffeting to some degree ... the tri is very comfortable at all speeds ... within reason ... windy days will make it worse, as with all bikes. After all, it is called "In the Wind".

LOL - You can get most of that free if you just pay list price. If you are not trading in another bike it's gonna be about a 36K day. Considering that the 1000 mile check-up is in the $500 to $700 on a trike, that's where I'd start. And of course the T-shirts.....Go to 2 dealers....then go from there.

I got 2 free services, 2 free t-shirts, free sample pack of cleaning supplies, 15% off 1 time purchase of motorclothes, 15% off 1 time purchase of accessories, 1 free year of HOG (I'm LIFE so I got $75 merchandise credit), Dealer gives a 15% merchandise or shop credit at his Dealership once you spend $1K on accessories .... and every 1K. (That's like getting 15% off everything you purchase!) All in all I feel I got treated very well. My additional 2nd free service was above everything else which is their standard new bike sales package.

LOL - You can get most of that free if you just pay list price. If you are not trading in another bike it's gonna be about a 36K day. Considering that the 1000 mile check-up is in the $500 to $700 on a trike, that's where I'd start. And of course the T-shirts.....Go to 2 dealers....then go from there.

Good point. That is actually my plan on the 2 dealers. I was thinking of asking for the first to check up plans because I believe the 500 and 1000 mile check are both 500.00 plus.

- - - Updated - - -

I got 2 free services, 2 free t-shirts, free sample pack of cleaning supplies, 15% off 1 time purchase of motorclothes, 15% off 1 time purchase of accessories, 1 free year of HOG (I'm LIFE so I got $75 merchandise credit), Dealer gives a 15% merchandise or shop credit at his Dealership once you spend $1K on accessories .... and every 1K. (That's like getting 15% off everything you purchase!) All in all I feel I got treated very well. My additional 2nd free service was above everything else which is their standard new bike sales package.

Did you ask for it up front? or did you wait to see what they offered first ?

Also one more question? Any issues with wind Buffett on the TriGlides ( 2015)?

No trouble with wind buffet at all when windshield vent is open. I only close it when it's raining.

I've tried the wind splitters (all heights) with the new vent system for the 14s and 15s...they suck. Wind blows directly in your face whether the vent is open or closed. MOCO should've done some wind tunnel testing and made wind splitters specifically made for the new trikes...not just drilling the holes in different places.

I'd like to try the Klock Werks windshields that claim they are wind tunnel tested for the 14s and 15s to see if they make a difference. I'd really like a bit lower windshield so it's not in my view hardly at all and still throws the air up over me like a taller one.

Of course if wishes were horses (or trikes ;)).....

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

All motorcycles will have wind buffeting to some degree ... the tri is very comfortable at all speeds ... within reason ... windy days will make it worse, as with all bikes. After all, it is called "In the Wind".

Yup...eggzackery.

Still working on the dealers.

No trouble with wind buffet at all when windshield vent is open. I only close it when it's raining.

I've tried the wind splitters (all heights) with the new vent system for the 14s and 15s...they suck. Wind blows directly in your face whether the vent is open or closed. MOCO should've done some wind tunnel testing and made wind splitters specifically made for the new trikes...not just drilling the holes in different places.

I'd like to try the Klock Werks windshields that claim they are wind tunnel tested for the 14s and 15s to see if they make a difference. I'd really like a bit lower windshield so it's not in my view hardly at all and still throws the air up over me like a taller one.

Of course if wishes were horses (or trikes ;)).....

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yup...eggzackery.

still trying to get dealers to go lower. Extend d service plan. Worth getting now or before the end of two year mark?

still trying to get dealers to go lower. Extend d service plan. Worth getting now or before the end of two year mark?

I would say it would be cheaper sooner than later. Just my two cents.

I'm gonna add a little thought about your list of requests...be ready to walk. If they don't think you're serious, they won't budge. Just make sure that early on, before you start dealing, that the salesperson has your info. They will let you walk out the door, but may (will) call you later with a better counter offer than they've already presented you.

Also--when you walk, always be polite. Thank them for their time and patience, and tell them it's a shame they can't get closer to your numbers. Add in that you really appreciate allowing you to take a test ride. (ALWAYS ride before giving them any numbers.)

They will call with better numbers. Mine did. Not only did they call with better numbers, but I was able to talk them into an upgraded paint job for the same price. Weird how that happens, huh?

I agree, take the walk. You will find another and can buy some where else. Remember it's a Sales Game. Have fun with it. You'll find and get what up want, play the game.

I would say it would be cheaper sooner than later. Just my two cents.

I'm gonna add a little thought about your list of requests...be ready to walk. If they don't think you're serious, they won't budge. Just make sure that early on, before you start dealing, that the salesperson has your info. They will let you walk out the door, but may (will) call you later with a better counter offer than they've already presented you.

Also--when you walk, always be polite. Thank them for their time and patience, and tell them it's a shame they can't get closer to your numbers. Add in that you really appreciate allowing you to take a test ride. (ALWAYS ride before giving them any numbers.)

They will call with better numbers. Mine did. Not only did they call with better numbers, but I was able to talk them into an upgraded paint job for the same price. Weird how that happens, huh?

So true. I got a phone call today from them. I'm hoping to go down and "talk" on Saturday, then I will probably have to play the game. But, at the same time I am going to a dealer tomorrow or Thursday to ride their trike and then make a offer to work with... so we shall see. I wish I could get It done earlier. Just want to ride LOL !
but have to remain patient.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png