car tires

Oct 26, 2012
yarmouth ns canada
I have a 08 Goldwing with a 013 voyager trike kit, which I am very pleased with. my tire mileage is not great,right now they have about 9000 miles on them,lucky if i'll get12-14 thousand.have anyone gone to the darkside.if you have ,what is your mileage and what are the size of the front and rear sizes. also the make of your tires.thanks in advance jackns.

Jack,

I run what is called "double darkside" with my Tow Pac setup... I'm using a Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS (runflat) in the rear and a Bridgestone Battlax in the fornt... 195/55-16 is the size I use on my 2009... The Bridgestone Battleax is a 130/70-R18 Battleax mounted in regular configuration...

I don't know what type of mileage I'm getting because I had to replace the Yokohama a while back due to picking up a nail... I had that repaired but it is my spare tire on a spare rim right now... I had about 4000 on it when I took it off due to the flat and there was still about 6 or 7/16th tread left according to my gauge...

I had regular Bridgestone 704/709 Bridgestones on before going darkside and I only got about 8K miles out of those tires with mixed driving of having the trike kit on and off...

Make sure your going to have enough clearance with your Voyager to get the tire on and off... I have to loosen some of the mounting brackets on my Tow Pac and shim them out of the way when I change my rear tire...

Les

tires

thanks for the reply,i needed the sizes that I need to change to.i will see if the tires you use are available in this area.i won't be install until I have to.i will let you know how I make out. thanks jackns

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png