Late nighters---unite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used a couple of trailers but after using the single wheel I dont think I would use one with 2 wheels again. Very light, around 100 lbs, cargo weight is 100 lbs. Even on a 2 wheel bike it will out handle the 2 wheel
Versions. It will take any speed you want. Cant feel it back there. Sometimes i stop so I know it's still there.

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile. We were on our way to the beach, stopped to eat, and my wife got a phone call. Her dad had stopped breathing and was rushed to the hospital.

We came right back, I was pulling our camper through the mountains of VA and WV at 80+ mph. When we arrived, he was on a vent, and meds were all that was keeping his blood pressure up. On Wednesday, the family decided to withdraw all life support. He was gone within minutes.

This is the hardest thing that has ever happened to me. His death was kind of expected, but everybody (including him) thought he would be around until Christmas. Not to be. Visitation is on Sunday, the funeral is Monday.

Im so sorry to hear this. Yes it is probably the hardest thing one has to ever do.
I had to do my mom and dad that way. It's one of the hardest things I have ever done. One of my comrades was caught and they were torturing him. I had to shoot him to stop his pain. They almost caught up with us but we were ready for em. End of story.

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile. We were on our way to the beach, stopped to eat, and my wife got a phone call. Her dad had stopped breathing and was rushed to the hospital.

We came right back, I was pulling our camper through the mountains of VA and WV at 80+ mph. When we arrived, he was on a vent, and meds were all that was keeping his blood pressure up. On Wednesday, the family decided to withdraw all life support. He was gone within minutes.

This is the hardest thing that has ever happened to me. His death was kind of expected, but everybody (including him) thought he would be around until Christmas. Not to be. Visitation is on Sunday, the funeral is Monday.
I am so sorry to here that Scott. I will keep you in my Prayers. Tom

Im so sorry to hear this. Yes it is probably the hardest thing one has to ever do.
I had to do my mom and dad that way. It's one of the hardest things I have ever done. One of my comrades was caught and they were torturing him. I had to shoot him to stop his pain. They almost caught up with us but we were ready for em. End of story.
Wow. It couldn't get any harder than having to do that to a friend. I can't imagine. I know this has to be something that's tough to share.

- - - Updated - - -

I am so sorry to here that Scott. I will keep you in my Prayers. Tom

Thanks Tom. Prayer is what we need.

I haven't been on here much lately. Been on rides and trying to get some things done. Had to make another set of cruise peg mounts. The first set was a little too close to the brake. Got it this time. Getting the trailer ready to paint. Been experimating with can paint. Watched several video's and found out how to make rattle paint look good. No orange peal.

Sorry for your loss Sitter ... prayers out for you and your family

I haven't been on here much lately. Been on rides and trying to get some things done. Had to make another set of cruise peg mounts. The first set was a little too close to the brake. Got it this time. Getting the trailer ready to paint. Been experimating with can paint. Watched several video's and found out how to make rattle paint look good. No orange peal.
Guess what? My Harley dealership is going to do me right!! My left turn signal switch had been working about half-way for a month, then finally went out completely a couple of weeks ago. I had been asking them for a couple of months for lighted hand switches. The service writer actually suggested crediting the amount of the regular hand switches ($200) toward the cost of lighted hand switches if I wanted.

That would leave me owing $90, labor included. Needless to say, I jumped on it with both feet. Come Wednesday, they are getting installed.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for your loss Sitter ... prayers out for you and your family

Thank you. He said he wanted to stay around for Christmas. God had other plans. Even though, it's still hard to accept.

Nobody is out on weekends. I don't blame you guys. If I could be home sleeping, I would too.

- - - Updated - - -

Had to make another set of cruise peg mounts.

Just saw this. Of course I can't fabricate anything for myself, so I'm stuck with buying mine. I got the long cruise mounts for my bike first, and it was a big mistake. Just like you, I was too close to the brake. The store took them back (minus 20% restocking fee), and I got the shorter ones. Since I got them when I was getting an oil change the labor to put them on was free. The tech let me get on the bike and he kept working back and forth until they were just where I wanted them. And that's where they've stayed. Haven't regretted it a bit.

You know, I got to thinking about all the money I've spent on the bike, and in my older age, I've changed to comfort as opposed to bling.

For example, the biggest part of what I've bought was a stage 1 upgrade to help the engine run cooler so our right feet and legs wouldn't be cooked (as much). Also the ward's fans I put on it for the same thing.

I put an extra set of mirrors on the batwing (like on a street glide) so I can adjust the regular mirrors to see my daughter when she's riding with me.

Also put a lift kit, and a kit to move the tour pak back a couple of inches so it would be more comfortable for me and the wife to ride.

About the only thing I've put on it for 'looks' is a luggage rack on the tour pak. In fact, that's about the only upgrade that can be seen unless looking really close.

On the Yamaha tour deluxe I had, I bought every piece of chrome they had for it. Plus I bought a couple of accessories that were after market that Yamaha didn't make. I bought it in '08, so that was only 7 years ago.

Have I really gotten that old in 7 years?!?

Nope. We have learned what we really need instead of what we want.
My CVO was loaded with chrome from the factory. Then I added a much much more.
Now it's about comfort. I am glad I can make my own stuff most of the time. Nothing like having things your way. It always fits me perfectly, wonder why. LMBO
They changed some of my meds so I sleep more now. The Doc said I was exhausted from the lack of sleep.
Where has she been, I haven't slept naturally since 1969, what do you expect.
I take trazdone for sleep and they increased it to 200 mg. Taking about sleeping. It takes at least 8 hours now so I can feel my brain is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dpegleg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dpegleg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png