Late nighters---unite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks.
I liked over time, took all I could get. $$$ is much better.
Finished the back rest. Turned out pretty good but differently a big improvement.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The only bad thing is slept almost 18 hours on my day off. Laid down about 4pm on Tuesday, and didn't get up until 7:30am on Wednesday. Didn't feel like I needed to take a nap that day at least. :)

Your backrest really looks good.

Memorial ride

Thought I would check in with you this morning. Can't sleep. We are riding the TG up to Quantico today for my buddy's funeral service, the previous owner of the trike.

Thought I would check in with you this morning. Can't sleep. We are riding the TG up to Quantico today for my buddy's funeral service, the previous owner of the trike.
Be safe.

I know he would be glad to know you taking his ride to the service.

Service

Jim's service was nice. Typical military with Taps, 15 gun salute and they presented the flag to his sister. Her religious beliefs don't condone physical icons like that, so she gave the flag to me. I have plans for a presentation box to build for it. I rode right behind the family car to the site with the four-ways on.

The trip up went well. 50's in the morning and almost 70 in the afternoon. Hit about 5 miles of light rain. 3 hours up and 4 1/2 back home. We got caught in rush hour traffic. Stop & go for 19 miles (1 1/2 hours). Forties and patchy fog the last hour to home. The wrist on my clutch hand is killing me. I think I'll look into that Clutch Wiz!

Glad the service went well. Sorry to hear about the traffic home. It's hard enough sitting through that in a cage, much less on a bike.

Dirtdobber has a good idea about neutral. I'm lucky enough that I've never had to sit in traffic on a bike.

Glad to see things went well.
I use neutral a lot when in traffic.

It seemed the longer we were in it, the harder it became to land on neutral. One or two car lengths, wait 5 seconds then another car length. When we tried to leave a gap so we could go 4 or 5 car lengths, someone would pull into the space.

I'm ordering some clutch cable lube and a ClutchWIZ. I'll readjust everything when I install it.

Bill

It seemed the longer we were in it, the harder it became to land on neutral. One or two car lengths, wait 5 seconds then another car length. When we tried to leave a gap so we could go 4 or 5 car lengths, someone would pull into the space.

I'm ordering some clutch cable lube and a ClutchWIZ. I'll readjust everything when I install it.

Bill

Hope it helps. I've got the vaunted hydraulic clutch, and my weak little hand still hurts when I'm having to sit at a bunch of red lights in town..

Remember the Burger King commercial with the guy that had the 'little hands'? That's me.

BTW...this is an overtime version of Late Nighters. Anybody out there wanting to chat about....well...anything...

BRING IT ON!!!!

Thought I'd check this thread before shutting down for the night.

The CluthWIZ came in today and the lube is scheduled to arrive Thursday. Let the wrenching begin !

The wife and I were out riding and stopped at Lowe's. Came across a garage door opener on sale for $30 off, and had them put it aside for me. Went back after dinner in the Jeep and picked it up. Might install it tomorrow too, but don't know when we'll get back from the test ride of the clutch fix. Been in this place 32 years and NOW I decide to get an automatic opener so I won't have to get off the trike to drive into the garage. :qpnmt:

Thought I'd check this thread before shutting down for the night.

The CluthWIZ came in today and the lube is scheduled to arrive Thursday. Let the wrenching begin !

The wife and I were out riding and stopped at Lowe's. Came across a garage door opener on sale for $30 off, and had them put it aside for me. Went back after dinner in the Jeep and picked it up. Might install it tomorrow too, but don't know when we'll get back from the test ride of the clutch fix. Been in this place 32 years and NOW I decide to get an automatic opener so I won't have to get off the trike to drive into the garage. :qpnmt:

I'd do the same if I had a garage. Just driveway for me. That's why I bought the trike cover.

Wanting to hear if you can tell a big difference once the clutch wiz is put on. Not that I can put one on since my clutch is hydraulic. Still would like to know. Good luck!

The web site says it won't work on 2014 and up.....

I'll let you know how it does for me.

I know it won't. I'm just saying I'd like to know if yours gives you a noticeable difference. I rode an '09 Night Train for awhile with the standard clutch, and don't remember it being all that different from the hydraulic clutch on my '15.

I have no illusions of a magic fix for mine. I've just gotta get my clutch hand stronger.:blush:

Once you get the garage door opener installed and if you really want convenience you might want to consider a GP-1 Grip Switch by Reading Design for $99.

Harley offers a garage door opener kit for $139 and it looks rather involved to install, then uses the HL high beam switch to activate the garage door opener.

The Grip Switch is real easy to install and replaces the stock left clampshell with a new clamp and housing for the stand alone rocker switch.

Two houses from my driveway I can push the switch and the door starts to open so I can roll right up into the driveway and into the garage.

Attachments

• IMGP2699.JPG
    IMGP2699.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 97
I'm at a loss for words...Dirtdobber has been killed in a house fire. He has been on this thread from the beginning. A true American hero passed away apparently trying to save his wife. Below is a link to a news story that I picked up from another thread here on the forum. This leaves an empty place in my heart.

http://www.waff.com/story/30317261/jackson-county-man-killed-in-house-fire

So much death lately. A little over a month ago, my father in law passed. I've still not come completely to grips with that, and truthfully, I'm wondering if I ever will. Found out yesterday that a cousin that I haven't seen in many years is on her death bed. The worst part of it? THE ICU ROOM SHE IS IN IS THE SAME ONE MY FATHER IN LAW PASSED AWAY IN, IN SEPTEMBER!!!

Now Dirt Dobber!! I'm afraid to ask what's next. I know I'm doing a lot of whining here, but God, this is crazy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png