sway bar on Gen 1 1800 kit

Dec 23, 2013
Sandy, Or
I understand the sway bar on the Gen 1 GL1800 kit is from a Honda CRX. Is this a standard or performance sway bar, and from what year is it sourced?
I have a bit more body roll than I like, and would like to install (have installed) a bigger bar to keep the trike flatter on turns.
:D

Dave,
Thanks for asking.
The Sway-Bars for all Hannigan Motorsports Trikes (there are 4 different model Sway-Bars in total) are not Automotive or from another Machine. Those were designed by David Hannigan personally and are made specifically for us and our Trikes.

We supply the most optimal Sway-Bars to mate to our Trikes as part of our Base Unit. As with all of the Parts, Components, and Assemblies that make up our Trike Conversions, these are as good as it gets or that is required for all Aspects and Facets of Operation.
There is no "Upgrade" or "Performance" version as none is truly needed when the Best you can provide is given to all Trike Kits right up front at no additional Expense.

Anyone that knows Dave Hannigan, how he both designs and rides, and the highest of Standards he demands of all his Products will attest to the above being true and accurate.

Hope that answers your question and thanks again for the opportunity to relay the answer to you and all our Friends here on Trike Talk.

*In Addition:
Should you wish to "stiffen-up" the Rear Suspension to accommodate for "spirited" cornering, try dialing up the Pretension on your Shocks a bit if newer style with Adjusting Caps as I believe yours to be. If an older Trike, adjust the Shocks up One Pretension Notch. That will reduce the natural "roll" you experience while aggressively cornering.
Of course in doing so, you will obviously stiffen-up all riding which may or may not be acceptable to you.

As with any and all things, to adjust catering to one particular Facet of Riding will almost always adjust another conversely.

cornering roll

Dave,
Thanks for asking.
The Sway-Bars for all Hannigan Motorsports Trikes (there are 4 different model Sway-Bars in total) are not Automotive or from another Machine. Those were designed by David Hannigan personally and are made specifically for us and our Trikes.

We supply the most optimal Sway-Bars to mate to our Trikes as part of our Base Unit. As with all of the Parts, Components, and Assemblies that make up our Trike Conversions, these are as good as it gets or that is required for all Aspects and Facets of Operation.
There is no "Upgrade" or "Performance" version as none is truly needed when the Best you can provide is given to all Trike Kits right up front at no additional Expense.

Anyone that knows Dave Hannigan, how he both designs and rides, and the highest of Standards he demands of all his Products will attest to the above being true and accurate.

Hope that answers your question and thanks again for the opportunity to relay the answer to you and all our Friends here on Trike Talk.

*In Addition:
Should you wish to "stiffen-up" the Rear Suspension to accommodate for "spirited" cornering, try dialing up the Pretension on your Shocks a bit if newer style with Adjusting Caps as I believe yours to be. If an older Trike, adjust the Shocks up One Pretension Notch. That will reduce the natural "roll" you experience while aggressively cornering.
Of course in doing so, you will obviously stiffen-up all riding which may or may not be acceptable to you.

As with any and all things, to adjust catering to one particular Facet of Riding will almost always adjust another conversely.

Thanks for the reply. I've already stiffened the suspension to accommodate two up and towing a loaded Leesure Lite and maintain those settings for my single and commute riding.

This is the only mechanical 'shortcoming' I've experienced it the near 8,000 miles since getting the machine back early this year after its winter conversion. Getting used to its characteristics has been half the fun. The rest is the attention it garners.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTRuf

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTRuf
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png