Unidentified Warning Light and Chime

While riding yesterday I encountered some rain showers and surprise warning light showed up on the instrument cluster. It appeared to be a red vehicle with both doors open. I am guessing that it is an indicator that doors are open. When I turn the ignition key off the light goes off but then I hear a faint chime similar to a chime if you leave a key in the ignition and open a door, which is of course is not the case. Has anyone encountered this problem and can maybe offer a fix? My stallion is a 2008.

While riding yesterday I encountered some rain showers and surprise warning light showed up on the instrument cluster. It appeared to be a red vehicle with both doors open. I am guessing that it is an indicator that doors are open. When I turn the ignition key off the light goes off but then I hear a faint chime similar to a chime if you leave a key in the ignition and open a door, which is of course is not the case. Has anyone encountered this problem and can maybe offer a fix? My stallion is a 2008.

Haven't heard of that one. The instrument cluster is from a Ford Ranger pickup. The lights you mentioned would be from said truck doors. This part of the warning system is redundant on the Stallion. It is possible the cluster got so wet in the rain, that it created a contact.

I would give it a few days to dry before going into any extensive troubleshooting.

The instrument cluster gets a LOT of water from the front tire in the rain.

I've ridden in rain several time and that's a new one for me also. Now my panel on the left where the air pressure and volts are displayed goes crazy when I ride in the rain. Once it dries out the readings are normal.

I've ridden in rain several time and that's a new one for me also. Now my panel on the left where the air pressure and volts are displayed goes crazy when I ride in the rain. Once it dries out the readings are normal.

Mine has done this also. When I returned from a trip, I opened the cowl and pressure washed the engine compartment lightly. The radio head readout also went blank off and on for several days also. The radio worked fine, just the display would go off and on. After a few days, everything works fine again. Rick

chime and door ajar lite on instrument cluster

I had the same problem: door ajar light on and chime sounding.

The chime left when I took the ign. key assy. out and cleaned, lubricated with dielectric grease and reinstalled. The door ajar light is still on, I think the circuit is grounded somewhere to keep the light turned on when ship's power is on.

I would think since the stallion uses automotive parts, water would be a big issue ... for example ... the Ford speedo isn't designed to be outside, so I'm guessing rain gets to it sometimes.

Am I correct in this assumption? I'd really like to get an up close look at one of these, but, they are pretty quick and elusive. :AGGHH:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png