Wider Handlebar for '14 Tri Glide

Aug 18, 2014
Gatlinburg, TN USA
Just test rode a new '14 Triumph Rocket III Touring / Motortrike conversion at the Knoxville Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Indian/Triumph/Victory dealer. I was pretty much blown away by how much easier the Triumph was to steer. Bad part was how much heat the big 2300cc engine put out and it wafted up into my face at any speed less than 35.

When I got home, I looked up the specs and found that the Rocket III Touring has a 39" wide handlebar. That's a lot more leverage than we have with the stock 30.75" bars on the Tri Glide.

I went to the Maryville, TN Harley dealer and they sell the Klock Werks Klip Hanger bars which can be set at 37" wide. Ordered the 10" bars in black with black clamps. Can't wait to see if this lessens the amount of effort required when running twisty roads. (All the roads are twisty around here.)

Will report back back on how this experiment turns out.

Change in just inches helps

DSC00110.JPG
Just test rode a new '14 Triumph Rocket III Touring / Motortrike conversion at the Knoxville Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Indian/Triumph/Victory dealer. I was pretty much blown away by how much easier the Triumph was to steer. Bad part was how much heat the big 2300cc engine put out and it wafted up into my face at any speed less than 35.

When I got home, I looked up the specs and found that the Rocket III Touring has a 39" wide handlebar. That's a lot more leverage than we have with the stock 30.75" bars on the Tri Glide.

I went to the Maryville, TN Harley dealer and they sell the Klock Werks Klip Hanger bars which can be set at 37" wide. Ordered the 10" bars in black with black clamps. Can't wait to see if this lessens the amount of effort required when running twisty roads. (All the roads are twisty around here.)

Will report back back on how this experiment turns out.

Khrome Werks 2+2 made a world of difference for me 2+2 wide sweepers are 34.3 inches made a world of difference. They are 2" wider and 2" back for me a great choice.:Agree:

Last edited:
Mine are 35" wide. Much easier to steer, Huge improvement!

Handlebars_zpsd321359a.jpg

Kevin

Finally got the Klock Werks Klip Hanger 10" bars installed by Smoky Mountain Harley in Maryville, TN. (Great dealer with super nice people willing to take their time with you to get it right). Ended up with them set 35" wide.

Totally impressed with how much easier and how much more comfortable in the shoulders/neck a few more inches of width and height can have. Don't dread the drive over the mountain to Cherokee any more.

Also love the new look. I've got the StreetGlide blacked out mirrors and got the new bars in black. To me it looks beautiful. Lovin' my Tri Glide again. :pepper::D ThumbUp:clapping:

Some Pics of My Klock Werks Klip Hanger 10" Bars

For some reason, pics loaded upside down. I deleted them. See next post ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    750.4 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
First I ever saw them on a Tri

Those bars are really nice are they as comfortable as they look? nice job! ride safely fearless:clapping::10:

Thanks Fearless ... Yes, they're just as comfortable as they look. makes you wonder why Harley doesn't put a wider bar on to start with.

I used to to hate passing semi trucks in the curvy 20 mile section of I-40 between here and Asheville, NC. Now, I've got a new feeling of confidence and control and passing the trucks in a sharp curve was a breeze.

Same here

there is a feeling of control with the wider and a little higher I think is just plain old leverage and comfort. I do believe it is done with after market in mind. ride safely fearless

I talked to an independent shop today about installing new handlebars on our trike. They quoted a price of $300 for labor,with me supplying the parts.
A Khrome Werks 2+2 Sweeper handlebar is less than $100.
Just for comparison,my local Harley dealer quoted me $1,200-$1,600,for parts and labor.

Yes I did new cable

I replaced the clutch cable much neater job no stretched to the max cables for me. Also I set the bars in the mid range of adjustment. There is about another inch to go up and about the same to go down, going down brings grips closer I may adjust them back soon just to give it a try. I'm comfortable where they are at but I just want to see how they are lower. ride safely fearless

Attachments

• DSC00110.JPG
    DSC00110.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC00111.JPG
    DSC00111.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC00117.JPG
    DSC00117.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 227
I talked to an independent shop today about installing new handlebars on our trike. They quoted a price of $300 for labor,with me supplying the parts.
A Khrome Werks 2+2 Sweeper handlebar is less than $100.
Just for comparison,my local Harley dealer quoted me $1,200-$1,600,for parts and labor.
Found the same to be true here. Local Stealership wants $235.00 for the Khrome Werks 2+2 bars, the same bars that Khrome wants $100.00 and 8 hrs (@$95.00 an hour) labor. They WILL NOT let you bring in your own parts. Says it a liability issue...I call BS on that one. Anyway, told me $1000 to replace my bars.

Just a couple miles from me, right across the New Mexico state line, they'll order 'em and install 'em for $410.00.... DUH !!!! Guess it's time for a little ride, some great Mexican food.....drop the trike off and head back to Texas. Ready in 2 days.

AND dealerships are wondering why they are struggling !!!! You know you can just sell so many T-shirts !!

8~\o

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png