Gl1800 Motor Trike muffler tips.

Is the pipe that sticks out the back end of the muffler long enough to put a different style of turndown tip on? (Clamp on) thanks

The GL1800 muffler pipe tip is held on by three small bolts into the muffler itself. If you what turndowns the OEM tip is removed and the turndown is installed. There are several versions of turndown tips available. Some are a bit longer and some have more turndown. I don't know if any aftermarket truck turndown would actually fit on the GL1800 muffler. :xszpv: :xszpv:

I don't know what model of MT you have.
I have the Razor.
It is close enough to the ground already, that I might be worried if the turn-downs are any lower to the ground than stock tips.
Just a thought....

I don't know what model of MT you have.
I have the Razor.
It is close enough to the ground already, that I might be worried if the turn-downs are any lower to the ground than stock tips.
Just a thought....

I ran Honda turndowns on my MT Adventure (same chassis as Razor) for 120,000 miles and never once drug them so that is not an issue. If the OP finds some extensions that are longer or deeper then the Honda ones dragging is a definite possibility though. Never thought about that because I never experienced it. Good catch wehrme !!! :xszpv::xszpv:

When I had my trike in for service the 1st time. A MT Adventurer. The tech mentioned that my pipes werent "stock" MT extensions. He didn't know what I have. I still don't.
But.
They are approximately 12 inches long and 2.5 inch round chromed extensions.
Turn downs may not drag in my case but wont help one bit in hitting speed bumps.
I did look at truck tips in a store once and decided. Whatever I have work so why change them??

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png