What about Tiltingmotorworks trike ?

Jul 28, 2015
Richmond Mn.
Have you seen this ? It could save the shoulders on long rides. I tried a friends wing trike, and its way too much work in cross winds and corners. Gees there is a video on tilting F-book of a HD cruising I-state 75 miles w/o using the handle bars ! goofy. I wish Tilting had more dealers to check it out. Sure looks cool if a guy can find a test ride. happy day

Have you seen this ?
It could save the shoulders on long rides.
I tried a friends wing trike, and its way
too much work in cross winds and corners.
I wish Tilting had more dealers to check it out.
Sure looks cool if a guy can find a test ride.
happy day

See What?

How long have you ridden a trike?

I have ridden thousands of trike miles and never have sore shoulders or anything else (well, butt maybe), even after a 5 or 6 hour day. The secret is push-pull steering, proper tire pressures, and jut letting the beast own the road. If you're fighting it there's something wrong.

Somehow, the thought of a tilting trike seems perverse.

I saw one at the RENO RONDEVOUS. The front tires were about 18 inches apart.
As far as sore shoulders, I've done Beartooth, Chief Joseph, Iron Mountain, Needles Highway
and Tail of the Dragon above the :cxtv: posted speed limits :blush: and NEVER had sore shoulders.

Measure the pull ?

I had a BMW with PTTR problem. Pull to the right.
It was hard to communicate with guys even guessing and accusing I imagined it, Until I took a Pic of a fish scale on the right H-bar showing 5 lbs to hold a line. Then we have a number. When I rode the 1800 Wing I knew it's work.Have you biked all cross SD cross wind ? I see some guys slam before they know about it. Look at F-book TiltingmotorW vids of leaning switchbacks. Just my 2 cents, But I want to lean. It feels like flying.. I didn't know why you guys aren't kicking this around ? When your older or hurt and do allot of miles, you have to accommodate.Tilting looks easy
and more interesting.
happy day, and tail winds

I do not want to buy one, or own one, but I wouldn't mind riding one......once. For me, it's like a slingshot, spyder, or a lot of other types and kind of 3 wheelers. Not my cup of tea. I like traditional, 2 in the back, one in the front, no leaning in the curves, engine underneath me not in the back, trikes. If the engine or less than 2 wheels are in the back, I don't want it. If there is more than 1 wheel in the front, I don't want it. If it has some suspension that makes it necessary to lean it over in the curves, I don't want it. I'd love to take it for a ride, but I don't want it.

The more types of rides out there the better it is for all of us...
For every new person out there in the wind the more noticeable we all become..ThumbUp
Single track minds don't help our sport.. Or for that matter any endeavor..

I'm not sure I understand the advantage of a trike that allows you to lean--to a point. Does it hit a hard stop at a certain lean angle? How does it hold you upright when you're stopped if it leans?

Interesting concept--I'd love to try one out.

utah,Schmoo.JPGWe live on a gravel rd. + 1/2 mile gravel driveway.
In the last 3 years we have been hit by a rubber raft flying off a boat breaking windscreen and mirrors off, side slid on a down hill curve on a cattle guard in the rain at the Big Horns, saw corn dropped on corners of the 3 sisters ride in Hill Countrry Texas, we were told by a local ranchers hate the bike noise and did it.. weird ha ?
And slid on gravel corners many times, and kept it up
all these times. My only thought is insurance for loosing front wheel skidding traction. I think leaning is more natural than forcing a small front wheel footprint to overcome all that behind it on corners, and no control left if it skids.
France or Spain has a tilting scooter with front tires close together , sold many thousands, and vids shows hard cornering over wet cobble stones. Just looking at options.
Tilting has a high price, So I might slow down for some safety insurance instead. Yes it has a kickstand or an option leaning lock up for city traffic.
happy day

Different strokes for different folks. It doesn't really appeal to me or my wife.
The only reverse trike I would want to own,is a T-Rex.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png