Motor Trike Trog installation Manual - Pictures?

Greetings, I am process of re-building my RK MT Trog Trike; I have the Installation Manual (updated September 2009) however it is missing "pictures" that are referred to in the manual....

By chance, does anyone have those pictures and would you be willing to share them?

Thanks, Mac....

Motortrike question

Greetings, I am process of re-building my RK MT Trog Trike; I have the Installation Manual (updated September 2009) however it is missing "pictures" that are referred to in the manual....

By chance, does anyone have those pictures and would you be willing to share them?

Thanks, Mac....
I find the Motortrike Company the most secretive and "don't want to help" people I have ever encountered. They offer little or no information on service or etc. They need to create a service manual for the Trog. Don't hold your breath.

I find the Motortrike Company the most secretive and "don't want to help" people I have ever encountered. They offer little or no information on service or etc. They need to create a service manual for the Trog. Don't hold your breath.

As bad as I hate to say it,I have to agree with the above comments. MT is located only about 200 miles from me and has a dealer here. Because of that,I considered them for a trike conversion. However,when I called MT to ask questions,they definitely turned me off with their "Why do you want to know that" attitude/mentality. The difference between them and Hannigan is literally like night and day.

As bad as I hate to say it,I have to agree with the above comments. MT is located only about 200 miles from me and has a dealer here. Because of that,I considered them for a trike conversion. However,when I called MT to ask questions,they definitely turned me off with their "Why do you want to know that" attitude/mentality. The difference between them and Hannigan is literally like night and day.
Love the looks of the Hannigan.

- - - Updated - - -

Love the looks of the Hannigan.
MT customer service is the pits. They need to send all employees to customer service school. They seem to be unaware that there are many competitors out there who care.

As far as I am concerned Motor Trike can forget it. I tried to get some one to talk to me about my reverse and the atitude they had was you bought it, paid for it, now it is yours don't bother us. I will never buy anything from them again.

Pics.

I agree MT is a real pain to deal with even their dealers complain. I would be more than happy to take some as built pics. for you if that will help. PM me if you need them

Other than completely disassembling the rear axle I have taken my Trog kit apart. It is a rather simple setup and someone with mechanical skills, tools and the time can take it apart and reassemble it. Using a digital camera to take picture of how the setup looks before disassembly, during disassembly will aid you in re assembling the rear end if you dont have a good memory of taking things apart

The rear belt pulley hub bearing has a bearing number that can be found online for a replacement. Best method to remove is to use a dremel to cut the bearing apart. Use the old center of the cut bearing to install the new rear pulley hub bearing if needed.

Heim joints that are apart of the attaching links from the swing arm, 3rd mounting arm and the adjuster for the belt tension can be found at McMaster Carr. The adjuster arm uses one right thread and one left handed thread. I found at 60k miles the lower heim joints were worn out and sloppy. I replaced all of my heim joints for around $125 from McMaster Carr with Stainless steel replacements

Air bags: if one leaks, Look @ replacements from JEGS or SUMMIT RACING. Motortrike air bags are expensive replacements. These Firestone air bags are not the same but these do work. They are slightly taller but are in the same compressed range as the stock Motortrike air bags and the Firestone bags work very well as replacements using less air pressure for ride comfort.
( ride tech 90007076 ) air springs and cost $60 a piece

Drum brakes and hardware are FORD Just use early 80s Mustang or Ranger pickup for reference.

Motor Trike - Never Again

Motor Trike is a P/O/S company run be anus orifices.

My M T wiring looks like a 3rd grader's science project

The swing are mounts frequently break off transmission cases (Harley too is to blame)

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png