Found A Trike but is it worth it?

Aug 5, 2015
Hurricane
ok, so I was out at a yard sale this weekend and in the back of the garage under mounds of STUFF I see this wheel!
of course being a long time rider I start digging and found what appears to be a Stires Trike?
the owner said he has had the trike since 83 I think but anyways said he would consider selling it and said $3800
well I told him I didn't like 3800 but would like to talk to him a little more about it next week.
( that is if work passes our contract )
well today he text and ask if I'd like to help him dig it out and get it running. Hmmm?
the trike has not been run for a few years but I've ran VWs all my adult life, mostly rails and have no doubt that I could clean the carb, points and run a temporary fuel line in just a couple hrs.

But is it just another trike or is there any value in them?
I'm just wondering if I got it for say 28-3, played with it and found it wasn't for me would I have a hard time moving it?

I understand there are a lot of variables so I wont hold ya to anything just don't want to have 3k in a fancy trash can
THANKS for any input

Attachments

• ,,,,,,.JPG
    ,,,,,,.JPG
    271 KB · Views: 125
  • ,,,,,.JPG
    ,,,,,.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 118
  • ,.JPG
    ,.JPG
    372.7 KB · Views: 123
  • ,,,.JPG
    ,,,.JPG
    344.2 KB · Views: 120
  • ,,.JPG
    ,,.JPG
    541.2 KB · Views: 124
I'm going to see what happens this weekend
I'm not goanna hold him up he's kind of looking to move it so I'll know by the end of the weekend
if ya want text me and I'll let ya know.
if not it will be the first of the week
before I give an update
Mark Holley
PM for contact info
IDK How set he is on his $3800 I was just saying I'd
be more interested at 2800-3000 but I'll post updates as I can

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome aboard something like that has a value of what a willing buyer is willing to pay. Looks like something to work from.

I would think if you can talk him down to around the 3k mark it would be worth it. He is probably wanting you to help him get it running so he can try to get his asking 3800 for it LOL. Tell him you'll give him 2800 and drag it home and deal with it yourself.

I see that it is missing the front fender for one. You would probably have to mod your own fender to fit that puppy.

And since its been sitting for several years, its anyone's guess in wiring.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png