Upper back and neck pain, are the bars set right ?

Jun 26, 2015
Stafford, Va
Hello group. I got a question. I'm not a big guy. 5'8" ( 5'9" on a good day). Recently have noticed some pain in my upper back lower nck region. I find when I sit back to use the backrest my arms get fully extendd.

Anyone expwrince this this and or did you change your bars. If so what did you have to pay to dealer? Can they adjust correctly?
Thanks

You probly don't need to change the bars, You may just need setback risers. They raise the bar up and back so you can sit against the back rest. Can't help with the cost. Installed mine myself.

Attachments

• VTX done 007.JPG
    VTX done 007.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 118
You probly don't need to change the bars, You may just need setback risers. They raise the bar up and back so you can sit against the back rest. Can't help with the cost. Installed mine myself.

Thanks!

Will that hat work with the new triglides?

probably not..as the fairing area does not have much room to add the risers mentioned
It will help with the push pull when turning..That was another reason I traded in the TRI..The neck/back pain..
Good Luck on whatever you decide..I seen your posts...ThumbUp

I don't think the stock bars can be adjusted enough to fix the problem. You probably need to get new bars that are wider and taller. Depending on your build and arm length, you may need the bars to come back to you a little also.

Hello group. I got a question. I'm not a big guy. 5'8" ( 5'9" on a good day). Recently have noticed some pain in my upper back lower nck region. I find when I sit back to use the backrest my arms get fully extendd.

Anyone expwrince this this and or did you change your bars. If so what did you have to pay to dealer? Can they adjust correctly?
Thanks

My dad had the same problem, he ended up going to the pull back bars HD has. A riser change wouldn't work due to the fairing cap with the ignition and other switches. A bar change is pretty much the fix.

neck and back pain

I put 10 inch bagger bars on it really helped my pain.

- - - Updated - - -

I put 10 inch bagger bars on it really helped my pain.

Wide ones

Mine are the wide ones 34.3 inches wide. OEM I believe is around 30 inches. Grip angle is a little straighter also, I really like them. ;) ride safely fearless

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png