New leg

Give ya lots of credit buddy. Maybe heel and toe set up would help. After downing into first, just kick it gently on the heal side. Just trying to help. Can't imagine what's it like with a prosthesis . Practice, practice, and more practice. You can do it :clapping:

Heel and toe is what works for me. No mods or extra $$$$ required and it gets the job done. I lift my leg slightly and drop it on either the heel or toe peg and away I go. I did get longer shifter pegs and that helps. I don't have to be as accurate with my leg drop as I need to be with "standard" pegs. The additional fraction of an inch in length made a big difference for me anyways. Sometimes it takes me a try or two to get it into neutral, but on the move up shifting or downshifting is pretty easy. Neutral is sort of half way between gears and sometimes my leg drop is a bit to heavy and before you know it, I'm back in first gear.

Heel and toe is what works for me. No mods or extra $$$$ required and it gets the job done. I lift my leg slightly and drop it on either the heel or toe peg and away I go. I did get longer shifter pegs and that helps. I don't have to be as accurate with my leg drop as I need to be with "standard" pegs. The additional fraction of an inch in length made a big difference for me anyways. Sometimes it takes me a try or two to get it into neutral, but on the move up shifting or downshifting is pretty easy. Neutral is sort of half way between gears and sometimes my leg drop is a bit to heavy and before you know it, I'm back in first gear.

Thanks, great input!

Maybe heel and toe set up would help. ... Can't imagine what's it like with a prosthesis.
While I could clumsily lift my prosthetic and hit the heel / toe shifter, there was always some apprehension particularly if I had to do it quickly in traffic. I installed a Widowmaker tank shift kit and for me, it works very well.

While I could clumsily lift my prosthetic and hit the heel / toe shifter, there was always some apprehension particularly if I had to do it quickly in traffic. I installed a Widowmaker tank shift kit and for me, it works very well.

If I had to shift quickly especially in traffic, I'd be more worried about taking my hand off the grips than I would be worried about missing a shift with my foot/leg. Glad your widowmaker works for you, but there is nothing clumsy about the way I lift and drop my foot using the heel/toe. I guess it's easier for me to manipulate my prosthesis than it is for you to manipulate yours. We each have to find our own way. Neither of us uses a Pingle or a Klicktronic, so it's good to see we at least have several options and one of them hopefully can satisfy our needs so we can ride on.

If I had to shift quickly especially in traffic, I'd be more worried about taking my hand off the grips than I would be worried about missing a shift with my foot/leg. Glad your widowmaker works for you, but there is nothing clumsy about the way I lift and drop my foot using the heel/toe. I guess it's easier for me to manipulate my prosthesis than it is for you to manipulate yours. We each have to find our own way. Neither of us uses a Pingle or a Klicktronic, so it's good to see we at least have several options and one of them hopefully can satisfy our needs so we can ride on.
do you still have your knee ? i don't and shifting was just to hard trying to use my leg. i just extended the shifter straight up and reach over and shift it. the widow maker would be my next choice. i wanted to shift it on my own, that's why i went with this setup. we do each find our own way to do things.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png