Sequential system for vw gearbox.

Shades of Amazonas!! I have wanted to spend time designing a sequential shift system for the VW 1600 for years. Tried duplicating the Amazonas setup many years ago, but either I didn't get something right, or the Amazonas design was virtually inoperable as well. I am intrigued by what looks to be a viable possibility - if the designer (you?) can get it to work properly. The video certainly does not attest to the design here as the test drive down the street never successfully got out of first gear. Second gear seemed to never be found and the bike limped away in one of the high gears.

I certainly know the evolution of design and it takes a lot of ever-diminishing failures to get a success. I'd very much like to kept abreast of the progress of this mechanism and would have a great interest in owning one when available. Thanks for sharing the video!

Sequential shifter for vw gearbox

This is a better video of the operation in a test fixture.

I'm currently completing the purchase of one of his shifters for my trike project. Should have it in a couple of weeks.

From what I've researched it is a redesign/refinement of the original Amazonas shifter. I had some pictures of the earlier Amazonas unit (that I can't locate any more) and it was pretty crude looking.

I'll update on my experience.

Way cool stuff.
Way back when I also looked at doing this. There were several good vid of the amazonas shift linkage in operation.
I thought about it but decided to stick shift.
I am having fun jockey shifting mine.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gunsmoke06

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gunsmoke06
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png