2015 Freewheeler Reverse

Jul 13, 2015
Cut-N-Shoot, Texas
It being a beautiful day here in southeast Texas, I decided to ride my FW into work. I had put about 200 miles on it Sat and hadn't rode it since. When I arrived at my office and went to back into my parking spot, all I got was a weak click when trying to back into my spot. The "R" light came on but nothing more. I checked the circuit breaker and it was OK. I haven't had any problems with it until now. I know it isn't designed to be anything more than to get out of or in to a parking space. Has anyone else had any problems with theirs? I'll take it over to the dealer's at lunch time but thought I'd get any ideas before I go.

If it's anything like the Tri-Glide's setup, look under the right side panel 'Theres a critic breaker there that might have tripled [red leaver].. Very common ....

That was the first thing I checked and it was OK. I have tripped the circuit breaker several times when I first got my trike and became very familiar with it.

Yep, The electric reverse is a problem child. And it really isn't a reverse.. Its more like as assist.
I gave up on mine [11T/G] And put in a mechanical reverse...

Well, just got back from the Dealer. All he did was pull it out and put it in reverse with the "R" showing and it did the same thing, then he gave it a little gas and it clicked into reverse. It's working great now. No idea what happened. I'm going up to Dallas this weekend and will keep my eye on it.

I had the same problem with mine I just gave up on it and I will *invest in a mech. one. What is the best one out there?

I have the Moto-Trike in my 11 T/G.. Don't know if its the best but it works for me, I don't fear any parking spots.. Pull in and back out no fuss no muss.. If you do get one make sure they install the lock-out wiring harness.. That will stall the engine if you are in reverse and hit first by accident ..

Hmmm...a throttle blip made it engage? Check your battery grounds.Check the solenoid make sure all connnections are tight and corrosion free.Also I would check the R switchpak.

Reverse

I have both of the hd manuals and do most of my own wrenching. I've learned to know my limitations with new stuff and ecm(s), sensors etc., short one out and others will follow. Book shows it takes approx 30 mins to pull motor.

I have both of the hd manuals and do most of my own wrenching. I've learned to know my limitations with new stuff and ecm(s), sensors etc., short one out and others will follow. Book shows it takes approx 30 mins to pull motor.

On a lift maybe...:Shrug:..

I pulled mine 3 times, First gadder up all the tools you'll need, Trip the reverse breaker 'Jack up right side take off right rear wheel, Unbolt leads to the reverse motor, Zip tie them up and out of harms way if you are going to ride the trike with out the motor in.. And then put all the tools you needed away...:D...

Like when some one says i change my oil in 15/20 minuets , But they leave out the part of getting the tools then after their done cleaning up the tools 'funnels and any spilled oil and disposing of the oil...:D...

Pull motor

Over the years (50+) being a motorhead, then three kids with car,bikes etc, now grandkids, I've built up a substantial tool collection, some can no longer be used on today's autos. Air tools, air jacks make fast work disassembling, but will never use air to reassemble. Tools are usually within short distance of work area, so yeah I truly understand and empathize the array of tools needed to do a"simple" job since the motor company uses sae and metric on the same unit/part. I also torque everything, ft/lbs and inch/lbs

Over the years (50+) being a motorhead, then three kids with car,bikes etc, now grandkids, I've built up a substantial tool collection, some can no longer be used on today's autos. Air tools, air jacks make fast work disassembling, but will never use air to reassemble. Tools are usually within short distance of work area, so yeah I truly understand and empathize the array of tools needed to do a"simple" job since the motor company uses sae and metric on the same unit/part. I also torque everything, ft/lbs and inch/lbs

Also Torx, Allen & Hex...and I'm expecting to run into a Wentworth bolt pretty soon! :laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png