Replacement trike

Aug 2, 2015
Priest river
Bought me another trike to replace the one I lost in the wreck on May 29. Same year 2006, but dressed up more. I lost the other one when a cop broad sided the wife and I, we only had it two weeks. Hopefully I or we won't be in anymore wrecks and have a lot of fun filled miles

Bought me another trike to replace the one I lost in the wreck on May 29. Same year 2006, but dressed up more. I lost the other one when a cop broad sided the wife and I, we only had it two weeks. Hopefully I or we won't be in anymore wrecks and have a lot of fun filled miles

Welcome to the gang. Glad to hear you are alright .... Dang .. a police officer ... guess they are human too ... any problems getting reimbursed?

I got hit by a postal truck while I was working a gas station as a kid. Wasn't even on the bike, mailman just ran the bike over, a total loss, my first Harley. Took forever for the federal government to pay up, I guess the post office is self insured. I was lucky, my insurance company paid me for a total and went after the federal government. Took about a year and I remember the "agent" for the government calling me several times over that year to try to get me to say it was my fault. I was young, not stupid, so of course I didn't fall for it. State farm finally got reimbursed, but I think they only got 85-90% of what they paid me. Government had a slightly less favorable value of my bike.

Safe riding and have fun

To early to tell if I am going to have problems getting reimbursed. Dealing with the county and courts, so it is a wait and see. We are in the process of replacing everything, leathers, helmets, etc.

The state police wanted a misdemeanor charge against her, but the judge said no, they had another hearing on the 8-21, different judge and prosecutor, but I think nothing changed.

To early to tell if I am going to have problems getting reimbursed. Dealing with the county and courts, so it is a wait and see. We are in the process of replacing everything, leathers, helmets, etc.

The state police wanted a misdemeanor charge against her, but the judge said no, they had another hearing on the 8-21, different judge and prosecutor, but I think nothing changed.

Really .. he broad sided her and he wants her to be charged ... that my friend is the definition of whootspa (-5sp).

Fuzzy I believe he is saying that the State Police wanted to charge the Female Deputy that hit them. Here in Monroe Co Florida the Deputy would have been ticketed. All of our county crashes have to be investigated by the State. We do get ticketed if we are at fault. And that is the way it should be. The only time we get a beak is if we are running lights and siren, then it usually is failing to yield to an emergency vehicle by the other driver no matter what. Believe it when I say about 80% of the drivers do not know what to do when an emergency vehicle is going thru. You really have to be 100% dialed in when running code.

Fuzzy I believe he is saying that the State Police wanted to charge the Female Deputy that hit them. Here in Monroe Co Florida the Deputy would have been ticketed. All of our county crashes have to be investigated by the State. We do get ticketed if we are at fault. And that is the way it should be. The only time we get a beak is if we are running lights and siren, then it usually is failing to yield to an emergency vehicle by the other driver no matter what. Believe it when I say about 80% of the drivers do not know what to do when an emergency vehicle is going thru. You really have to be 100% dialed in when running code.

Oh ... my bad ... I thought his wife was driving the trike ... didn't realize the deputy was a women ... not that I have anything against women ... all my exes are women ... :D

Failure to Yield

I've just joined today, but we're in the same boat. Accident on July 30 wiped out our beautiful 2013 GL1800 with a matching Tow Pac e-trike.

We were only a mile away from our house when a neighbor looked right at us, and pulled out into our path. Wham. Totaled us and the bike. The responding sheriff said that if we were on our smaller bike (Honda 750) it would've been a fatality. She was also cited for Failure to Yield.

I've just posted a long post about our experience with the insurance company for the last five weeks. We will probably be getting both our check and our new bike this week. I would encourage everyone who wonders what happens post-accident to read the post, I've had an awful time with the company, but I've learned quite a bit this month.

Glad you could replace your trike, and enjoy riding again. Best wishes for a safe riding season!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png