changing the bolts on the drive shaft adventure kit

Just greased the uni joints on the drive shaft of my honda trike. Boy what a job it was to grease both ends To do that one needs to remove the shaft. The rear grease nipple can be reached quite easily but the front is just too difficult to reach,hence the need for the removal. A job made more easier by having a pit close to my garage . I made this some time back for maintaining my car. The retaining bolts holding the shaft on are very difficult to remove due to there not being enough room to fit either a ring or socket spanner. One answer to this would be to fit Allen key bolts. Has anyone done this, if so what was the actual thread size. Living in spain everything is metric sizes which make it very difficult to size and these bolts. Shouldn't be problem getting them on the internet though.
Also changed the spark plugs. At 3200 the gap had become 1.40mm. New ones were exactly 1.00mm. Like always once you have done some work on the bike it always seems better!

Just greased the uni joints on the drive shaft of my honda trike. Boy what a job it was to grease both ends To do that one needs to remove the shaft. The rear grease nipple can be reached quite easily but the front is just too difficult to reach,hence the need for the removal. A job made more easier by having a pit close to my garage . I made this some time back for maintaining my car. The retaining bolts holding the shaft on are very difficult to remove due to there not being enough room to fit either a ring or socket spanner. One answer to this would be to fit Allen key bolts. Has anyone done this, if so what was the actual thread size. Living in spain everything is metric sizes which make it very difficult to size and these bolts. Shouldn't be problem getting them on the internet though.

Yes I did change the 12X1.75 bolts for a time but went back to the originals. There really is no need to replace the bolts. Just use an extension with a 12mm socket to get a straight shot at the bolts. If you position things just right, you won't even have to rotate the shaft. :xszpv::xszpv:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png