LRS you gotta luv 'em

WindyOne

500+ Posts
Dec 3, 2009
Va.
I found out my old LRS shield I bought last Memorial Day weekend at LRS won't fit my new trike. As luck would have it they are having another holiday sale and I was able to buy a new windshield for about the same price. Thank you LRS and enjoy the holiday weekend folks.

Thanks for the heads up. Just went to their site and bought an 2014 ultra elite shipped for less than half the normal price!

I hope they are as good as advertised.

I installed an LRS 6" re-curve shield on our trike,nice piece. Since our new Corbin seat sits me taller,I'm going to try an 8" unit from them and see how that works.

Thanks for the heads up. Just went to their site and bought an 2014 ultra elite shipped for less than half the normal price!

I hope they are as good as advertised.

When you install them don't put enormous amounts of pressure on the screws when you tighten them. The windows will show stress marks near the screws if you do.

When you install them don't put enormous amounts of pressure on the screws when you tighten them. The windows will show stress marks near the screws if you do.
Thanks for the advice. The one I bought is glass coated. I'm hoping it won't scratch easily when I clean it.

Thanks for the advice. The one I bought is glass coated. I'm hoping it won't scratch easily when I clean it.

What I do is keep a bottle of shield cleaner with a microfiber cloth in the zip bag keeping it only for the windshield.

Ordered a LRS 10" Ultra Elite 2014 on Wednesday. I decided I wanted to change it to an 11" the next day. Called to get it changed, but they said it had already been cut. I figured that was that.

WRONG! She said "We'll just cut another one for you and send it out tomorrow or Tuesday after Labor Day." NOPE! I got it on Tuesday!

Put it on my bike and took a ride. Got up to 70 mph where the buffeting is usually making my ears itch because it's so bad. The buffeting is reduced at least 50%. I say 'at least', but I'm betting more, because my ears don't get the itchy feeling inside now.

I'm happy. I'm just hoping the shield doesn't scratch easily. I bought a shield from Clear View several years back, went to clean it at a gas station, and it scratched so badly that the whole shield looked like it was hazy.

I want to say "Bless your hearts" to LRS for the big discount on their product for the holiday. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to buy it right now. Thanks guys.

Got my shield yesterday too. Knew it was on the truck and going to be delivered so I removed my stocker. That thing moved so much in the wind I had trouble keeping my eyes off it. New one slid in and was tightened down in seconds. Doesn't move a lick now and the air goes up over my head like it should. Got a 9" tall one about the same as stock. Good people LRS.

I ordered an 8" Elite last Friday. Expecting it any day, now. :laugh:

Bill

The 8" turned out to be too short. I called them and exchanged it for a 10" that came today and works great! They only charged me shipping and I paid on my end to send the original one back. Great people to work with.

Bill

Thank You!

ThumbUp Thank you for the answer! My 2010 wings windshield bounces around like its made of Saran Wrap :pepper:. Just bought this Wing with a Lehman conversion, 17,000 miles on it. I love it. My last Goldwing (not triked) had a Windbender on it. It was solid as a rock, cant stand the wobbling from this shield.

ThumbUp Thank you for the answer! My 2010 wings windshield bounces around like its made of Saran Wrap :pepper:. Just bought this Wing with a Lehman conversion, 17,000 miles on it. I love it. My last Goldwing (not triked) had a Windbender on it. It was solid as a rock, cant stand the wobbling from this shield.
I ride a tri-glide, so I can't help you on how it will perform on yours. But, I can tell you that on mine it has cut down the wind buffeting by at least 50%.

The only thing I don't like is it is just a little in my line of sight. I'll get used to that though.

I ride a tri-glide, so I can't help you on how it will perform on yours. But, I can tell you that on mine it has cut down the wind buffeting by at least 50%.

The only thing I don't like is it is just a little in my line of sight.

consitter......I believe you have an 11" Ultra Elite LRS, which is 1" taller than the stock 10" windshield.
If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?

consitter......I believe you have an 11" Ultra Elite LRS, which is 1" taller than the stock 10" windshield.
If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?
If you will read on their website (and I called to confirm) their 10" would have actually been 1/2 shorter than stock due to how they measure. The 11" is supposed to be 1/2" taller. In the center, it's an inch+ taller. There's nothing I can do now though.

Im 5'11" by the way.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png